Cricket Tac II .25 vs. Taipan Veteran.25

Nothing scientific, just some shooting over the weekend. Love my Veteran, it’s been my favorite for a few years, but the Tac II might overtake it as my favorite, it’s that good.

Taipan Veteran in .25, Athlon optics, Atlas bipod, DonnyFl Tatsu and speed dial.

Kalibrgun Cricket Tac II in .25, Aztec Emerald optics, SC stock, Accutac bipod.

Groups following the pictures are at 50 yds. with JSB 25 gr. I think they are both shooting around high 880-890 fps.

BB7EFD5D-ED2F-4AF3-BF76-5049EF31274D.jpeg

C196F2F3-C4F7-4365-8537-BDB2EBD89513.jpeg

C5DA844B-FC88-4B1C-A5E1-6B55F13253EF.jpeg

31991347-BAB5-4DD7-981C-91C808F306C2.jpeg

834C248B-1152-4A44-BD31-BEA1EA163C9B.jpeg

45009FC2-1675-42B9-8DBF-E74543EFBC60.jpeg

C22704B3-3BAC-46D8-8E24-4BAB0EE52DE6.jpeg

36A08E9C-1BCC-4A9F-8936-169C80DDFA7B.jpeg

Those groups on the Cricket Tac 2 are incredible. Same tunes it appears, probably about the same barrel length? Is one a LW and the other CZ? I wonder what is the one thing overall that causes just a little bigger group with all things the same? Maybe air flow through gun is better with the Cricket? I would think it must be a consistency thing with air from shot to shot. did the spreads show a result that would explain the difference is group size? Just curious.

Reactions: Joekrooz
They're both beautiful guns! And great shooting too :)

Question regarding c2t, what's around the bottle and why? It is just foam to protect it? Do you notice any difference in the harmonics/firing sound with it vs. without it? I have a ct2 long in .22 and compared to the other crickets (original and non-tactical II), it has more of an active feel when shooting. I am looking for small ways to make it a bit more settled and absorb some harmonics.

Reactions: Joekrooz
@madeintheuk- Yes it’s true, the magazine loading is a bit fumbly at times, it gets easier with practice. When unloading, be ready to catch the magazine because it just falls out. Once you drop a couple magazines in the dirt you learn not to do that.

@slapahondn- I totally agree. Imo, a Veteran with forward cocking would be the perfect bullpup. A lot of shots with the bottle is a huge plus also.

@ coyotegod- The group following the Taipan pictures are from Taipan. The group following the Cricket pictures are from that. Not much different but the Cricket was just a little tighter group. These were the best groups of the day. I think both guns have Lothar barrels, don’t quote me on that though.

@mccoulter- Just a bottle cover for protection, not sure if really necessary though, I baby my guns mostly.

@ CTairgunner1288- I always defended the Taipan rear cocking, “it’s not that big of deal”, or “you get used to it”. Forward cocking is soooo much better, no comparison it is easier and less awkward. The Vet would be the perfect bullpup with side lever cocking.

@madeintheuk- Yes it’s true, the magazine loading is a bit fumbly at times, it gets easier with practice. When unloading, be ready to catch the magazine because it just falls out. Once you drop a couple magazines in the dirt you learn not to do that.

@slapahondn- I totally agree. Imo, a Veteran with forward cocking would be the perfect bullpup. A lot of shots with the bottle is a huge plus also.

@ coyotegod- The group following the Taipan pictures are from Taipan. The group following the Cricket pictures are from that. Not much different but the Cricket was just a little tighter group. These were the best groups of the day. I think both guns have Lothar barrels, don’t quote me on that though.

@mccoulter- Just a bottle cover for protection, not sure if really necessary though, I baby my guns mostly.

@ CTairgunner1288- I always defended the Taipan rear cocking, “it’s not that big of deal”, or “you get used to it”. Forward cocking is soooo much better, no comparison it is easier and less awkward. The Vet would be the perfect bullpup with side lever cocking.
rear cocking it seems to be no big deal once you use it have had all fx guns few taipans crickets 2 ill take the rear taipan over some impact i think is about the best