• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cricket problem

I got it 2 years ago and new and tuned by Charle from Georgia Airguns, I’ve shot it thousands of rounds at 913 FPS it was a laser and with a spread of just 6 FPS I was getting 60 shots from 250 bars to 130 .. now I’m getting only 42 from 250 to 150 at an average of 911 FPS and the accuracy it’s not the same olso I can hear that it is a little bit mor loud then before.. any suggestions what can be wrong? I already replaced de pellet probe o’ring ..

IMHA, Sounds like you may have to rebuild your regulator. Ive seen where the regulated air pressor goes up and only thing that happens is the noise goes up and shot count goes down.

Let me try and explain why,

The tranfer port is sized to allow so much air thru to the barrel. When the hammer hits the pop valve, the valve open the air race's out and up thru the transfer port. The transfer port has enuff resistance to force the air to slow down. Kind of like spreading out the charge over a longer space and time. Now your pellet fly's out the end of the barrel but there this long high press charge behind the pellet as it leaves the barrel thats not pushing on the pellet. Try and think of the pressure as a log of air that propels the pellet,(assuming regulator setting around 125bar) your log of air would have a 125 bar leading slowly tapering off to 0. If your transfer port lengthens the air log the louder sound you hearing is the air after the pellet leaves the barrel. Very much like if you where to shoot your gun with no pellet. That also why your shot count has drop. Your wasting air making noise. 

Your gun's been tuned I would guess that the tuner has maximize your FPS per the regulator and transfer port size. Hence giving your gun the highest power and shot count per fill.

IMHA, Sounds like you may have to rebuild your regulator. Ive seen where the regulated air pressor goes up and only thing that happens is the noise goes up and shot count goes down.

Let me try and explain why,

The tranfer port is sized to allow so much air thru to the barrel. When the hammer hits the pop valve, the valve open the air race's out and up thru the transfer port. The transfer port has enuff resistance to force the air to slow down. Kind of like spreading out the charge over a longer space and time. Now your pellet fly's out the end of the barrel but there this long high press charge behind the pellet as it leaves the barrel thats not pushing on the pellet. Try and think of the pressure as a log of air that propels the pellet,(assuming regulator setting around 125bar) your log of air would have a 125 bar leading slowly tapering off to 0. If your transfer port lengthens the air log the louder sound you hearing is the air after the pellet leaves the barrel. Very much like if you where to shoot your gun with no pellet. That also why your shot count has drop. Your wasting air making noise. 

Your gun's been tuned I would guess that the tuner has maximize your FPS per the regulator and transfer port size. Hence giving your gun the highest power and shot count per fill.

I agree with you.. I was getting easy 4 mag from 250 to 135 bars this morning try it again on the chrony and I’m getting just 3 magazines like 39 shots at the same speed 913 FPS average.. also the spread is 10 FPS before was 6 FPS.. I already sent an email to the seller explaining everything.. I don’t want to touch it because I don’t know how to set the regulator to how it was before it’s not easy like my Fx impact..