Tuning Cricket (original) tuning suggestions needed

I have a very early Kalibrgun Cricket .22 and need some suggestions on increasing power and I'm hoping one of the old timers here can help.

Installed a Hum Reg and set it at 125 bar, about 6 months ago. I also reduced the force of the spring on the firing valve (so the hammer should not need to hit too hard).

The gun is very consistent, accurate, and efficient with air - but only shoots at a max of about 774 fps with JSB 18.1's (24fpe). I get 774 fps with the stock plastic hammer spring screw all the way in. If I screw it out about 4 turns, the gun shoots at about 755 fps.

I'm hoping to get it to ~ 880 fps. My first thought was to get an adjustable HST, to compress the spring more. However, trying to analyze this, it may not help because I think the current hammer spring must be opening the valve sufficiently. I'm assuming this because the gun is very consistent (about a 6 fps spread from low to high over a 15 shot string), and the valve spring is set softly.

Now I'm thinking that I probably will need to open it up and crank the reg up to ~ 140 bar ??? Which, I'm reluctant to do as I'm a pumper (and though I don't like to admit it, an old fart). Also, before putting the Huma in I had struggled with a leak for years so I'm a little hesitant to open it again. But I will open it up and adjust the reg if needed.

Please will you give me your suggestions.

OLD Cricket? I got one of the second boat load Crickets in 22 Caliber , Had to wait 6 months for it... Anyway your question I can not answer it, My gun is shooting the 18 gr JSB pellets at 900 FPS , Never had my gun opened or replaced any Orings All bullpups are compared to the king of Bullpups , And that would be the Cricket,,, We have some experts on the Cricket on this site I hope they see your post,,, I can tell you you have one of the best PCP ever built.

Mike

I have a 25. The best I can get is 880 w/25g. 840 w/34. I would have to raise the reg to get higher. However, this cricket will shoot eyeballs @ 100 yds.so I'm not changing it.

I never shoot it. 2 problems, 1. Rear lever, 2. Too dammed heavy for toting,

I'd match her bench shooting with any thing!

She should go to a good home!

I have a very early Kalibrgun Cricket .22 and need some suggestions on increasing power and I'm hoping one of the old timers here can help.

Installed a Hum Reg and set it at 125 bar, about 6 months ago. I also reduced the force of the spring on the firing valve (so the hammer should not need to hit too hard).

The gun is very consistent, accurate, and efficient with air - but only shoots at a max of about 774 fps with JSB 18.1's (24fpe). I get 774 fps with the stock plastic hammer spring screw all the way in. If I screw it out about 4 turns, the gun shoots at about 755 fps.

I'm hoping to get it to ~ 880 fps. My first thought was to get an adjustable HST, to compress the spring more. However, trying to analyze this, it may not help because I think the current hammer spring must be opening the valve sufficiently. I'm assuming this because the gun is very consistent (about a 6 fps spread from low to high over a 15 shot string), and the valve spring is set softly.

Now I'm thinking that I probably will need to open it up and crank the reg up to ~ 140 bar ??? Which, I'm reluctant to do as I'm a pumper (and though I don't like to admit it, an old fart). Also, before putting the Huma in I had struggled with a leak for years so I'm a little hesitant to open it again. But I will open it up and adjust the reg if needed.

Please will you give me your suggestions.

Shoot Derrick Wall a pm. Fantastic guy to work with.
Screenshot_20210505-095241.1620223001.png

OLD Cricket? I got one of the second boat load Crickets in 22 Caliber , Had to wait 6 months for it... Anyway your question I can not answer it, My gun is shooting the 18 gr JSB pellets at 900 FPS , Never had my gun opened or replaced any Orings All bullpups are compared to the king of Bullpups , And that would be the Cricket,,, We have some experts on the Cricket on this site I hope they see your post,,, I can tell you you have one of the best PCP ever built.

Mike

Lol, that was ages ago. 

It peaked my interest so I checked when I got mine ... It was at the beginning of 2013. It still looks new. 😁