• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cricket .25 Standard with a 23" smooth twist barrel MK2 at 950fps grizzly at 960

on top has the impact telescoping shroud, and bottom stackable shroud, stackable is way quieter 

H & M 31g grizzly bullets are more accurate and way better BC, the Mk2 will drop 2 mil dot at 135y compared to the grizzly thats when both shooting at 880fps with 17.25" ST barrel. now I cant wait to test at long range accuracy with the 23" ST barrel, thinking I'm going to love the grizzly---will see!

1st time I Tried the grizzly was on a CZ .25 cricket yes wasn't stable in flight and all over and not grouping on paper.

on a smooth twist the bullet has enough clearance to slide down the smooth bore muzzle down--then the smooth choke has a tight fit to totally seal the bullet--when I viewed the push bullet it was a nice smooth shinny twist marking that makes it vary quite in fight. not like other rough rifling that I can hear it buzzing through the air.

I only tested a 1/2 a tin (that's all I had) at 140y or so. when I was shooting the mk2 with the WC and the cricket at that range just plinking that look like 2"-3" rocks on a side of a cliff I decided to test the accuracy of the grizzly -- wow 1st thing I notic it was shooting 1-2 mil dot higher then the mk2 or the 25g 27g shooting in the 950fps after knowing the mil dot I was hitting the rocks more often then the other pellets, I was shock I never shot bullets or slugs worth a darn now finially found a match. I even purchase 35 tins when I got home. It's the only pellet I use in the .25 smooth twist.

now have to see it on paper at 960fps !!

now have to machine Delrin spacer to take up the gap between the shroud and AT clamp .

"zebra"Did you buy a smooth twist barrel from AOA and machine it yourself to make it fit the Cricket breach?

How does it compare to the LW barrel the .25 Cricket comes with? I've been curious about this for a while. I know that each barrel is different but I haven't seen anyone use a ST on a Cricket before...
Yes Machine the smooth twist myself.

I prefer the ST over conventional rifling, tested a lot different barrels I don't see a major advantage over the other --- it's the shooter that makes a diff in prep/technic/equipment.

I just like the way the pellet looks smooth -- no beep rifling marks on head and skirts that leads to more leading in the rifling. 

Smooth bore and twist are so much easier to polish all the bore surface , with conventional rifling I can't seem to polish the corner of the lands and groove that's where all the leading accumulate. 

Plus the pellet coming out the smooth twist are quiter in flight. I stand about 100y and 20y away from flight path and poi over 150y , with the same speed and caliber from a ST and LW I can hear the differences, it may not matter to you for me they can't hear where it coming from and don't want them hearing the buzzing noise by a person or pest.

Nice work sniperlaybo.

Looking around the interweb, I found no other reports of Grizzly pellets through ST barrels, so you may have made an important discovery.

I've ordered a sample pack of Grizzlies to try in my new .25 WC. I hope the BC of 0.07 is correct too, as I've fiddled around in Chairgun and see that despite being heavier they should outfly JSB 25.4gr Kings after 100 yards. They would keep a whole lot more energy too.

Am I right in presuming that these bullet shaped pellets should be much less subject to trans-sonic instability between 900 and 1,100 fps, than waisted pellets?

"sniperlabyo"
"zebra"Did you buy a smooth twist barrel from AOA and machine it yourself to make it fit the Cricket breach?

How does it compare to the LW barrel the .25 Cricket comes with? I've been curious about this for a while. I know that each barrel is different but I haven't seen anyone use a ST on a Cricket before...
Yes Machine the smooth twist myself.

I prefer the ST over conventional rifling, tested a lot different barrels I don't see a major advantage over the other --- it's the shooter that makes a diff in prep/technic/equipment.

I just like the way the pellet looks smooth -- no beep rifling marks on head and skirts that leads to more leading in the rifling. 

Smooth bore and twist are so much easier to polish all the bore surface , with conventional rifling I can't seem to polish the corner of the lands and groove that's where all the leading accumulate. 

Plus the pellet coming out the smooth twist are quiter in flight. I stand about 100y and 20y away from flight path and poi over 150y , with the same speed and caliber from a ST and LW I can hear the differences, it may not matter to you for me they can't hear where it coming from and don't want them hearing the buzzing noise by a person or pest.
That's interesting about the noise. Noise is definitely important to me because I don't want to alarm my neighbors. That being said, I have noticed that the direction squirrels run away in is based on where the pellet hits more than where it came from. If they are hiding behind a tree, I sometimes shoot a pellet into the ground behind them and then watch them run and "hide" directly in my line of sight. 

Do you know what the science is behind how the ST makes it quieter? 

I have tested grizzlys on Wildcat too and sometimes they hit very accurately, sometimes not.

I am not sure but the lube in them might be the culprit of the variance. I noticed that in the first tin I bought them they had been lubed and they were almost dried out, the pellets would even stick to my finger when I pressed one against a table.

Has anyone tried different means/rituals to get them flying reliable?