• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cricket 25 or TAIPAN Veteran long 25 best choice for long range

Yes it is very long but it is possible.In you tube has lots of film 200 300 and more reviews.

What you think.regards

That is a very long way. Hitting a 6 or 8 inch steel gong at 200+ yards is possible in calm conditions, but you won’t be hunting small game at those ranges. Don’t forget, those videos show only the hits and not the dozens (or hundreds) of misses. Also remember that “keyboard guns” are incredible but I’ve never seen one shot in competition. ;)

PS., they are both good guns. In fact, the .22 Cricket mini Carbine is my favorite gun, but normally only good to 100 yards or so at 31 FPE. For longer range .22 or .25 (Slugs), I’d say overall the Taipan is a better engineered gun. I’m not sure if either stock pellet barrel will shoot slugs well or not. Some do, some don’t. You won’t be shooting those ranges with pellets. 

Thaks centercut.I know thats 200 or 300 yards not easy to kicked but not imposible and thats ic big challenge isnt it.Thats is whats call long range.Maybe is more big deal or shot some on 20 yards.But for long range must be great riffle and good caliber.I speak with some guys who shot on long range and some of tham not hard way to shot them.My friend have Cricket 22 and hit tenis ball every but every way on the 150 yards and hit one of ten way plastic bottle on 250 yards.That is not bad.But he dont experience with Taipan and 25 calibar.Because dont sugest me what is better choice of tham

I've had both in 25 cal and I loved them both. I'm a cricket fan. Though if I had to pick one again in .25, I'll take the Veteran long again. A bit more powerful out of the box, extremely accurate (didn't go much beyond 110-120 yards, though), the laminate stock for just a little extra money is just gorgeous and pleasant to hold.

Also a little more silent than the cricket. Well at least, that's the feeling of it (didn't measure with a soundmeter). The cricket has a higher pitch (kind of ping noise). The veteran is just a little quieter.

The only thing is that the cocking mechanism was a little stiffer than on the cricket...

Thing I love about my three Vets - yes three - is that you can put one in the chamber and if don't shoot, decock it, and when you go to shoot the anti-double feed will just cock it and not rorate the mag. I love that function. No worries about jamming another up the pipe.

Oh, that's outside devilishly accurate, a telepathic trigger - which means the gun actually makes me a better shooter than I really am.

On many occasions I've gotten sloppy, pulling my eye away from the scope, and pulling the trigger and the squirrel dorps dead. Now, once I can see. Four, five, six times?

The Taipan trigger just connects to the brain and works. I've 22 standard and short - love them both - and 25 standard. Love it too. The guns are so rugged that I won't repeat the abuse they have stood up to unintentionally. OK just one of those guns suffered slings and arrows. 

I keep looking at other guns and always come back. I cannot stand a trigger that is not just great.