• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cricket 25 or TAIPAN Veteran long 25 best choice for long range

Prevedi s jezika: bosanski

Hi
I want to buy a PCP 25 that is accurate not loud and high energy power.
I need it for a long range.
My best are Cricket 25 and Taipan Veteran long 25.
I read a lot about them. Is there anyone who has both of them or tested them well that they can tell me the differences between them and the right choice.
I talk with greatest experts, but they talk most theoretically not practicly.

I dont know how much guns have FPE new and how after tuning.If need I give gun to tuned and put huma and plenum etc.
Please help me finally finish designing what I want to buy.
Thank you for help
Kind regards

I think you can’t go wrong with either. I have the Power Tuned Cricket and it shoots the 34gr at over 920fps for over 60fpe. Extremely accurate too. The Taipan has anti-double loading feature. 

They can probably both be tuned for about that much power or a bit more. Out of the box they have less power, but both are very reliable. My Veteran is in .22 though, so I can’t really tell ya what to get. 

IMHO The 25 Taipan Veteran is the better of the 2 straight out of their boxes but either are excellent choices. I like the Taipan trigger better but I'm a trigger snob plus with the built in moa rail on the Taipan there's no need for adjustable mounts and anti double load feature as well. I like the Cricket for their neat magazine holder and power tune ability and for and finish is A lot better too. YO!

The Cricket is a bit fiddly loading the magazine into the gun too just remembered that one thing that bothered me kinda like the HW110. YO!

This is true! But not a game changer. The Taipan mag loading is fantastic. Although I rarely load the mag on my Crickets, just feed them from both sides 😂 Also, it holds more ammo than the Taipan & with the modified side plate, it’s almost a non-issue. 

Reactions: Yo
Like Yo said above, if you are looking to shoot slugs at really long distances, the Taipan's built in 20 MOA rail is a BIG plus in its favor. Even more elevation adjustment is likely needed if you plan on shooting out to 200 - 300 yards.

I don't know how long the Cricket barrel is. If it is longer than 21.6" Veteran barrel that would be a plus. However, if the Cricket barrel is shorter, go with the Taipan and don't look back.

There honestly isn't a huge difference between the 2. I prefer the Veteran platform for reasons concerning the rail, trigger and magazine. I'm sure I'd be almost as happy with a Cricket. Sounds like you should base your decision on availability since you don't have a strong feel either way. If you can get a deal on one or the other, just go for it.