• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Cricket.22 accuracy

36E41F38-6DA8-4770-8E63-5028993C816E.1609515518.jpeg
B71C954E-119F-4729-94AE-E42A5F9DA434.1609515519.jpeg
CCDE988D-2701-4361-8C9A-CEF154A2BDC9.1609515523.jpeg
D38BC133-719E-42F5-88B9-A57596EE28A4.1609515541.jpeg
This thing was a laser at 913 FPS with jsb 18gr.. now it doesn’t checking for the problem I noticed that the cocking lever is touching the plate and making a mark.. is there any way to back the pellet probe a little bit, maybe is to long I mesure it and it’s going 23 mm inside maybe it is blocking the transfer port ..

download.png

1 -- the barrel coud need a deep cleaning

2 -- or the new pellets could be a bit different from you last tin .. because your speed is consistent.. about the difference in pellet lots .. there is a bunch of complaints because of that you buy 5 tins today next month tins could be completely different. 

3 -- about the cocking lever hitting the side plate my .22 standard does that it was hit during shipping..that does not affect the accuracy at all . But I purchase a new one to change it .. 

There is a video of the JSB factory tour, near the end of the video it shows ladies prepping the tins for shipping. If the tins are not completely full they will sprinkle in more pellets to finish off the tin. I doubt the pellets that the ladies use to fill the tins are from the same batch of pellets that are already in the tins before they got to the ladies. Something to be said for sorting and weighing.

My cocking lever doesn't touch. After looking at mine it seems that the pin in the cocking lever would keep the cocking lever from touching the side plate. If that is true then the problem might just be a deformed cocking lever as mine is very close but not touching ... either way I doubt that it is something that would effect accuracy. Mine is a .25 and is what I would call a laser but my ES is about 19 fps going about 910 fps with the 34 grain JSB pellets. Try a real good cleaning on the barrel and run about 25 to 30 pellets through it before starting to evaluate accuracy.

Hope this helps

Shalom

John

Hi

An easy solution is to put an O-ring on the side lever to prevent it from hitting the side plate.

IMG_20210101_183007.1609522509.jpg
Saludos

Enkey

Edit : You can also disassemble the side lever and heat it with a torch.The aluminum can be bent easily with heat and be careful to break it, maybe later you need to polish to remove the marks of the heat

I’ll do that. Gracias!! Also I’ll try a deep cleaning..

My cocking lever doesn't touch. After looking at mine it seems that the pin in the cocking lever would keep the cocking lever from touching the side plate. If that is true then the problem might just be a deformed cocking lever as mine is very close but not touching ... either way I doubt that it is something that would effect accuracy. Mine is a .25 and is what I would call a laser but my ES is about 19 fps going about 910 fps with the 34 grain JSB pellets. Try a real good cleaning on the barrel and run about 25 to 30 pellets through it before starting to evaluate accuracy.

Hope this helps

Shalom

John

Thank you..