• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cricket 2 / Taipan

There should be a bunch more information on the new Cricket II guns very soon.

According to one of the dealers for them there are 9 guns allotted by Kalibrgun being prepped and sent to various reviewers 

I personally have a WSA .25 coming , i did order mine with the threaded end cap and a Sumo, will i need it , not sure, i would rather have the option to use it if i wanted so thats how i ordered mine.. i should have it in a couple of weeks according to the dealer , the delay on getting my gun and some others is due to him getting the " Review " guns done and shipped, he goes in the order of purchase date prepping the sold guns

Hope this helps

Sparky, I've owned both guns, and I would suggest you visit " DonnyFL.com " and get at least the KOI moderator. 

These are powerful guns, and even with the shroud they will not be neighbor friendly.

Having owned both, I'd suggest the Taipan as MY first choice. This being said without any knowledge of the new Cricket II.

Both are of the highest quality!!!

Uncle Hoot

I have a Veteran Standard in .22 and love it. Unless your neighbors are extremely close, the standard moderator is probably sufficient. With an additional silencer (I use a Donny Sumo), it is darn near silent. As delivered, it is probably the quietest gun I own, and with the additional silencer, it is by far the quietest. My Veteran accuracy is stellar, great trigger, built like a tank, never a POI shift. It's heavy, 10 pounds with scope. I'm sure the Cricket is great, but I don't see how it could be any better than the Veteran.

Thanks for the information on these two. I came close to ordering a Taipan today but decided to do a bunch of offhand shooting and carrying what I have around trying to think about these two. I shot a bunch. I really like my Wolverine but after a day of shooting I think a 10 pound rifle is just too heavy for what I want. It is amazing what 2 pounds differance feels like my Huntsman scoped is 8 pounds on the nose. My Wolverine is 10.3 it gets to be a handful. I know shooting offhand distance to light of a rifle and too short is not ideal either. I can't shoot my P-rod as good as either of these two its too light. So I need to think about this a little. I guess I am just too weak. 

I own both guns and both quality guns , I did convert my taipan to a slug gun , My only gripe with my Cricket is the magazine loading into gun , I too am excited for the new cricket I will buy one I got a feeling the mag system will be simplified no more moving the lever and trying to get mag to catch , I do hope the New cricket will have the CZ like my Older one has and MY tapains have I love them CZ Barrels , If it were me I would have to buy both LOL

LOU

I own the Veteran Shorty in .22 & the Cricket Carbine Mini in .22. They are both excellent guns & you would not go wrong with either. The Cricket 2 is supposed to come with some improvements, but I don’t have all the details yet.

I do have it on good authority that Taipan will be coming out with something new next year, so may be worth waiting?

The Cricket loading isn’t as bad as some make it out to be. Specially if you mod the plate, or buy one moded. That being said, the Veteran has it down packed. The anti-double loading feature is great too.

But the Cricket has more rounds per magazine & can be loaded on the fly from the side without taking the mag out. I often do this & rarely take the whole magazine out at all. 

Hi,

I've had several crickets in .22 and 25, the veteran long in .25 and I also have the new cricket II WSA in .22. They're all excellent bullpups and it comes down to personal preference. 

As far as the cricket II is concerned; The gun is still amazing, built like any other Kalibrgun and as accurate as all the crickets I've owned. Though I'm a little frustrated...They had plenty of time to give us a few missing features and improve on the excellent platform of the cricket. Well, we finally have a front lever cocking but it's far from smooth and mine is even sometimes a bit finicky about the way you pull it: a bit too slow or too hard and the magazine will turn just slightly too much and prevent you from inserting the pellet into the breech, forcing you to push it back manually, just a hair... The mag system remained the same eventhough it's been extremely criticised. As far as I'm concerned, it's never been a problem for me and I can insert it with one hand. 

Hi,

I've had several crickets in .22 and 25, the veteran long in .25 and I also have the new cricket II WSA in .22. They're all excellent bullpups and it comes down to personal preference. 

As far as the cricket II is concerned; The gun is still amazing, built like any other Kalibrgun and as accurate as all the crickets I've owned. Though I'm a little frustrated...They had plenty of time to give us a few missing features and improve on the excellent platform of the cricket. Well, we finally have a front lever cocking but it's far from smooth and mine is even sometimes a bit finicky about the way you pull it: a bit too slow or too hard and the magazine will turn just slightly too much and prevent you from inserting the pellet into the breech, forcing you to push it back manually, just a hair... The mag system remained the same eventhough it's been extremely criticised. As far as I'm concerned, it's never been a problem for me and I can insert it with one hand.

That's a REAL MAJOR BUMMER MAN!

Is it like the Edguns where you need a good deliberate cocking rhythm or is the Cricket2 worse?