Tuning Creeping Dreamline reg

Well just broke open a dreamline bottle reg since it would creep pretty fast 10 bar up from the setting. I watched 916's video and got the micron polishing paper, ordered some orings from McMaster Carr and went to work with my poor man's lathe, aka electric drill. Polished up all the surfaces and broke some sharp edges. Those tiny orings on the piston adjuster are the worst. Broke at least 10 of them trying to slide them on. Really had to knock down the sharp edge of the adjuster since it was cutting them after the first attempt to slide the oring on failed. With everything all back together, there is still a 10 bar creep but it is much slower now. Working on the reg wasn't terribly difficult, just not something I want to tackle over and over again.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Does the creep stop at 10b? Or does it creep even more if the gun sits a long time? If it stops at 10b and you don’t want to keep playing regulator jeweler games, you might be able to find a compromise with the hammer spring. A setting that gives you a little more bump for that first shot but doesn’t wreck the rest of your shot string.

Yeah just climbs 10 bar and stops. If you wait long enough between shots you can see a difference in the fps between shots. Yeah those little orings are 90 durameter so small and stiff, ha. Would love for it to be as solid as my RTI is now but may just have to live with a little creep. Good thing those orings came in a bag of 100 so plenty of chances to tackle it again.

Yep, it’s an approximate 10b creeper. Gun has been sitting for quite some time, at least a week or so. First shot 770fps with 18’s because that’s what was sitting near by. Then 764, 781, 779, 782. All landed same spot on target. If I remember correctly, when I was trying to adjust for the creep, I didn’t do it by clicking the wheel. I had my settings on the wheel for 14.3’s and another slightly reckless wheel setting for 15.89’s. I left the wheel alone and used the little screw to compensate for the creep. One click on the wheel might have been too much.