credit card list ? something to think about .

I know this said powder but i do not see the CC companies differentiating between powder shop and air shop
: Fw: War on Gun Owners Expands to Credit Card Monitoring

.r Card and American Express will not be tracking Use of there Cards using this new ISO code for merchants that sell firearms and related items. You are being watched closer than ever before….
Please pass this along to any freedom loving person……I will be using cash any time I can!!!!
Article published in Ammoland 9-14-2022: Gun grabbers are grinning over the decision by three major credit card institutions to adopt a new “merchant category code” (MCC) approved by the International Organization for Standardization.
Link: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/wa...aholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email

If the CC companies even turned over such records to authorities it would not indicate what was bought. Would only indicate the store, date, and the charge total. They would have to go to the store with a warrant and obtain the details of the transaction. I doubt any judge would grant a warrant based on a normal gun or ammo purchase at a gun store. Plan ahead and use cash if you're concerned. I reckon this thread will get squashed soon anyways, enjoy it while it lasts..

If the CC companies even turned over such records to authorities it would not indicate what was bought. Would only indicate the store, date, and the charge total. They would have to go to the store with a warrant and obtain the details of the transaction. I doubt any judge would grant a warrant based on a normal gun or ammo purchase at a gun store. Plan ahead and use cash if you're concerned. I reckon this thread will get squashed soon anyways, enjoy it while it lasts..
But isn’t this what they changed, a special code for gun related items, kinda like they know you bought gas at a convenience store.

But isn’t this what they changed, a special code for gun related items, kinda like they know you bought gas at a convenience store.
No it's not gun/ammo purchase specific. The item(s) purchased go into store inventory records. The finacial transaction is ignorant of what was purchased, that is what goes to the CC company. Any store that sells firearms and ammo gets the code, whether or not it's "Billy Bubba's Tacticool" or Cabelas/Bass Pro. Any purchase at that store has the charge code applied to whether its a firearm, ammo, a fishing reel, or camping equipment.

What is more troubling from a 30,000 foot overview is the increasing tyranny of private sector big business when it comes to firearm issues. Paypal, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, MC, Visa, etc. They are willingly working towards restrictions that the government is prohibited from doing.

Cash...

This thread is going down soon... I feel it in me bones..

Reactions: rcs9250
Sadly this thread will likely go sideways, but I can see its intent: yes troubling to be sure.

As a solution, send a check, or buy a gift card with a check or with cash. That said, it doesn't impact airgunners because airguns are not regulated and therefore this thread is more specific to firearms...I disagree with the move definitely, but airgun companies will not be required to classify their sales in the same fashion as a firearm store, yet. Best to keep shooting and have fun and not worry about it too much.

No it's not gun/ammo purchase specific. The item(s) purchased go into store inventory records. The finacial transaction is ignorant of what was purchased, that is what goes to the CC company. Any store that sells firearms and ammo gets the code, whether or not it's "Billy Bubba's Tacticool" or Cabelas/Bass Pro. Any purchase at that store has the charge code applied to whether its a firearm, ammo, a fishing reel, or camping equipment.

What is more troubling from a 30,000 foot overview is the increasing tyranny of private sector big business when it comes to firearm issues. Paypal, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, MC, Visa, etc. They are willingly working towards restrictions that the government is prohibited from doing.

Cash...

This thread is going down soon... I feel it in me bones..
An industry which fails to regulate itself will be ultimately regulated by somebody

Reactions: Keene and qball
On any given day people are posting about everything they have and provide pictures here, and the next day is spent worrying about being watched. It's tough to be social on a public forum and private at the same time, make that impossible. If you are going to try to privatize your signature in retail then you really should consider not posting to any social media first. A little late for that!

On any given day people are posting about everything they have and provide pictures here, and the next day is spent worrying about being watched. It's tough to be social on a public forum and private at the same time, make that impossible. If you are going to try to privatize your signature in retail then you really should consider not posting to any social media first. A little late for that!
Excellent point. We all participate in probably the easiest tracking vehicle available, and often include way too much personal information.

Sadly this thread will likely go sideways, but I can see its intent: yes troubling to be sure.

As a solution, send a check, or buy a gift card with a check or with cash. That said, it doesn't impact airgunners because airguns are not regulated and therefore this thread is more specific to firearms...I disagree with the move definitely, but airgun companies will not be required to classify their sales in the same fashion as a firearm store, yet. Best to keep shooting and have fun and not worry about it too much.
Depends on what you mean by regulated, have you seen NY laws now, you can’t buy bbs or pellets in Massachussetts without a firearms fid card and even pellet guns are supposed to be registered

“The only restriction on the possession of pellet guns in Massachusetts is age-related. Minors are not allowed to buy or sell pellet guns and cannot use them unless they are under the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult.

Adults may freely own pellet guns in Massachusetts. They are not subject to any licensing or registration requirements, but shooting a pellet gun from or across public areas, including streets or roadways, is prohibited. Violations result in fines of up to $100 and confiscation of the weapon.”

From legal beagle

(I am looking for a house on either the NY or MA side of the border and I was happy to find that MA is relaxed about air guns)

Paypal, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, MC, Visa, etc. They are willingly working towards restrictions that the government is prohibited from doing.
Quid pro quo, disguise as company policy.

Many companies have a policy in some regard, like ethics ASO, most often it dont mean squat, and for sure not for the customers.
And besides people are willing to accept pretty much anything as long as they get their " whatever "

Say ( example to follow ) if JSB used child labour under horrific conditions, with floggings ASO,,,,, would you stop buying their pellets.
Or would you be happy when JSB issue a statement saying " we will blacken the windows and ban cameras at our factory so you never see or hear about this again "
Like when a certain phone making company's sub contractor had nets put on their building to capture people throwing them self of that building in despair.

I only use a card for online shopping, though that is also where i get most of my stuff, food and what not i buy in nearby B&M stores i have always used cash, and when people ask why i provoke them and say one of two things in reply.
1: it is money earned on drug dealing i have to spend before its too late.
2: it is money earned doing " black labour " which is where the tax man do not get his cut out of your hard work, like the gangster most states are.

#2 not really something that seem to provoke people as cheating on the taxes are and have always been the Danish national sport.

TBH #1 probably also dont provoke many as Danes sure do love to get high, legal or illegal means applied to get there.

Last edited: