Crazy Typo That Made Me Look Twice at This Sightron Scope

The person typing the specs must have mixed up the weight and length of this scope. I can’t see 23” scope weighing 12.9 oz. I almost got excited to buy one. Here’s the link to scope the photo below describes. 

https://www.dvor.com/sightron-s-tac-30mm-3-16x42-riflescope.html?promotion=clearance-on-optics-14-2022-04-17

BE696494-62DC-460D-85F5-E7F17EFC5F62.1650726722.jpeg

Here are the specs from Sightron https://sightron.com/products/s-tac-3-16x42

Can still save about $130 with the first link if you’re into duplex reticles.

I have previously found mistakes on Dvor's ads. It usually doesn't concern me so I pay no attention to it.

However, I recently found a March scope on something like page 7 of one of their secret sales and noticed the specs didn't match the scope model.

In the picture below you can see they referred to this scope as having an FFP reticle in the title and under the picture of the scope. But then under Specifications they called it a Dual Reticle. I added three yellow ovals to make them easier to find.

March D10V24TI-MTR-3 edited.1651536741.png

But under Description they call it the most compact of March's SFP scopes. No yellow oval, sorry.

March D10V24TI-MTR-3 edited 2.1651536812.PNG

Now March does make a Dual Focal Plane scope but the model in this ad isn't it. I called Dvor to confirm the model in the ad was the one being sold and that it was an SFP scope. The lady who answered the phone tried to portray my question to Tech but there was some confusion and I was asked to email somebody specific at the company. 

I did and my email was answered quickly and as I suspected it was an SFP scope and there had been a mistake with the ad.

I wish I could remember the mistakes in some of the other ads but I can't. They put out daily deals that are often pages long with multiple products per page. I think they have a lot to do given the volume of ads so I'm sure mistakes happen. But looking up specs elsewhere online is always a good idea. Or calling like I did.