• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crazy?-Stupid?-Ridiculously?...

I think that’s probably relative. For me, my Taipan Veteran with a DonnyFL Tanto is ridiculously quiet and can put 30 shots into less than 0.25” at 35 yards. 
My Springers are also very quiet, and very accurate at 25 yards or more. The noise they make is totally irrelevant to my neighbors (meaning they cant tell that that noise is a gun of any kind) 

Aloha Yo!,

This is hard to say with the guns I have. 

Ridiculously accurate & stupid quiet would be my PT cricket from Charlie (Georgia Airguns) with a Donnyfl sumo, under 1/2" @ 50 yards shooting 970 FPS with jsb heavies MK1 33.95

Stupid accurate & ridiculously quiet would be my veteran std. with STO gladius, under 3/4" @ 50 yds shooting 910 FPS with jsb kings 25.39

I have other guns but these 2 are my most outstanding. 

Aloha,

Keone

the problem arises when people do not know the difference between an adverb and a pronoun then confuse them with BS...example=Excellent watchdog....splendid,outstanding...

Mouse fart,huh.....they all lose their value because there is no standard,,,,BS is louder because it has to be heard over the truth,little lies.bigger lies...fibs...

white lies....black holes,hot headed..dumb blond...BS....like do not step in it,nor believe it....it is what it is,butt no one knows what it is......BS

Lots of this craziness in languages. I lived in another country for two years and, in the beginning, these types of idiomatic phrases wreak havoc on a non-native speaker. (See, I just did it, "wreak havoc"). With enough time, it actually becomes kind of fun to learn and understand the literal translation vs common-place usage. 

Billboards and advertisements are where these idiomatic phrases get really interesting. Cuz you can translate the words, but without the cultural context, it doesn't mean anything. (And I'm guessing that's the point you're trying to make, all these types of expressions don't really mean anything, at least not anything measurable and comparable.)

Saying "scary-quiet" is easier than saying "the report produces 64decibels as captured by recording studio microphones in a sound-deadened room at an elevation of 2000feet above sea level with an air density of 1.225 kg/m3, but only when using lot#123456 of the JSB 18.13gr pellets, sorted and measured. Lot # 123457 fits a little looser and produces 64.75decibels". 

Lots of us geek out about all the little details, but sometimes it's nice to just hear some non-measurable descriptive phrase because it gives us insight into the impression made upon the person relating the experience. 

Sounds sorta like caveman language to me often funny but terrible for my buying habit. I just bought a used 177 Gauntlet the seller had told me crazy stupid accurate hole in hole all day long at 50 yards so I just HAD TO buy it even tho I already have a good shooting one in the same caliber that's NOT hole in hole ALL DAY LONG at 50 but is capable of 1/4" - 3/8" average shooting in calm conditions. I got it already and its Kinda beater but that's OK if the barrel is capable of hole in hole all day long at 50. At least I can swap the barrels with my MINTY Hajimoto'd one if that's all true. His trigger feels lighter than mine so I'm really insulted. Stoked but insulted since I thought I did a rather perfect job with that ball bearing trigger spring and smooth as a baby's butt polish job to perfection (so I thought). Yo!