Crazy good pesting combination.

This is getting better and better. How bout H&N Baracuda and Hunter Extreme? Do you have any of those to try out?

I do not. I do have King Heavies and they stabilize just fine at this tune. POI is very different due to much reduced velocity though as one would expect. Perhaps someone else has tuned for these pellets and can chime in.

This is getting better and better. How bout H&N Baracuda and Hunter Extreme? Do you have any of those to try out?

I do not. I do have King Heavies and they stabilize just fine at this tune. POI is very different due to much reduced velocity though as one would expect. Perhaps someone else has tuned for these pellets and can chime in.

Thanks for replying. I'm seriously thinking about getting the R5M Standard or Long to shoot the 34gr Heavies. I'm also interested in the Lelya 2.0 to shoot the 25.39 JSBs. I should be receiving some OT money in October and I need to decide which one I'm getting. Currently, EDgun West is out of the R5M Standard in the laminate stocks. I'm willing to wait it out until they get the laminate stocks in because I don't care for the plain stocks. I've never had a bullpup or a .25cal for that matter. My plan is to get the R5M Standard .25cal first, Taipan Veteran Short .22cal second, and then the Lelya 2.0 in .25cal and in this order.

A buddy told me he thought he had a perfect anti-cant bubble for my Lelya-Stalker combination. He brought it over and I have been shooting with it a couple days. This is great because it remains in peripheral view when shouldered. The Stalker is so compact that even with this level under the scope it still gathers light and remains bright.

1538341896_11848763875bb13c08b66786.87715776_7F841F52-0411-4153-B7C0-2D2827917969.jpeg

I ordered mine! He said to keep it till mine arrives.

Thanks for replying. I'm seriously thinking about getting the R5M Standard or Long to shoot the 34gr Heavies. I'm also interested in the Lelya 2.0 to shoot the 25.39 JSBs. I should be receiving some OT money in October and I need to decide which one I'm getting. Currently, EDgun West is out of the R5M Standard in the laminate stocks. I'm willing to wait it out until they get the laminate stocks in because I don't care for the plain stocks. I've never had a bullpup or a .25cal for that matter. My plan is to get the R5M Standard .25cal first, Taipan Veteran Short .22cal second, and then the Lelya 2.0 in .25cal and in this order.

I don’t know what you will be doing with your guns, but you have great taste. I own an R3M STD in.25 as well as an R5M Long in .25. The R5M Long is tuned to 59 FtLb on the 34s. My others are tuned to 44-45 FtLb on 25.4s.

The go-to gun for me is the Lelya. Don’t be fooled by its length. This gun rings a 2”spinner at 110 yards readily. The Stalker is a near perfect optic from my perspective and sits on the Lelya like a matched set. It’s weight and shape make it very quick and stable to shoulder and the FOV on the Stalker truly make this combination an extraordinary pesting rig.

I recommend you get the Lelya first. If for any reason you feel you need more energy or range, follow it up with the R5M Long. That would be my approach.

I don’t know what you will be doing with your guns, but you have great taste. I own an R3M STD in.25 as well as an R5M Long in .25. The R5M Long is tuned to 59 FtLb on the 34s. My others are tuned to 44-45 FtLb on 25.4s.

The go-to gun for me is the Lelya. Don’t be fooled by its length. This gun rings a 2”spinner at 110 yards readily. The Stalker is a near perfect optic from my perspective and sits on the Lelya like a matched set. It’s weight and shape make it very quick and stable to shoulder and the FOV on the Stalker truly make this combination an extraordinary pesting rig.

I recommend you get the Lelya first. If for any reason you feel you need more energy or range, follow it up with the R5M Long. That would be my approach.

It will be used for 70% pesting and 30% paper punching. The reason I wanted to start off with the R5M Standard was the ability to mount a bipod for bench shooting. Although, in reality, I would mostly be pesting with the .25cal. I have noticed that a majority of my shots taken for pesting were held off-hand or bracing on a wall or tree limb. I believe this is where the Lelya 2.0 shines. This is a big expense for me so I want to do it right starting with the R5M Standard that kind of "does it all".

So I have been playing with the Lelya 2.0 and decided I wanted the ability to mount a bipod. I cut a short section of PVC to serve as a spacer in the forward stock screw port. I modified a 1”section of pic rail and mounted it with a thin rubber gasket with a longer stock screw. No mods to the gun and significant increase in flexibility at various shooting scenarios. This is now my king of versatility. 

1539031956_9999091955bbbc394af60f0.09618923_5CBC1531-F5D4-47D8-BC81-1EA4F3CF85A8.jpeg
1539031957_13873024355bbbc3953b4385.47642813_12312111-F7F7-4428-AE7E-D987BD3D60CB.jpeg