Crazy add on the classified

Hello Everyone,

I just joined recently to reply to a for sale ad for a Leshiy from BH. I bought the gun, the deal went perfect and I really like the gun. Since then the rules have changed and I can't reply to ads, at least I think that's why I can't reply.

I have been reading and learning for a while, but never joined. I should have joined sooner to get over the probationary period. I guess I never joined because there was really no need. I didn't own any of these guns yet and not being a member kept me from asking questions that I ended up learning the answer to on my own with a little bit more reading, and probably learned countless other things along the way.

Thanks for allowing me to join, I have enjoyed all of the sharing of knowledge.

Thanks Mike

Hello Everyone,

I just joined recently to reply to a for sale ad for a Leshiy from BH. I bought the gun, the deal went perfect and I really like the gun. Since then the rules have changed and I can't reply to ads, at least I think that's why I can't reply.

I have been reading and learning for a while, but never joined. I should have joined sooner to get over the probationary period. I guess I never joined because there was really no need. I didn't own any of these guns yet and not being a member kept me from asking questions that I ended up learning the answer to on my own with a little bit more reading, and probably learned countless other things along the way.

Thanks Mike

Mike,

No one can reply to the Classified ads...we used to be able to but people were using random replies to help "bump" their ads back up to the top of the pile. There are no replies allowed on any of the ads - even the seller can only go in and edit it but can't reply on top of the original post.

I don't know if any of the other recent changes prevent you from sending him (or any other members) direct messages through the messaging system or not - but you should still be able to post feedback for Ben here:

https://www.airgunnation.com/forum/classifieds/transaction-feedback/

Hope that helps...

First of all I'd like to thank everyone that takes pride in calling Airgun Nation their home, and defending it from less than honorable people.

We were made aware of -michael-'s post yesterday by a concerned member.

We reached out to -michael- and it doesn't appear that he is trying to hide anything. He is new to the site, and he did meet the minimum requirements to be able to post in the Classified section. He explained that he is in fact a pastor and admitted that he has never sold anything on a site like ours before.

We are not vouching for this person, though you should know that:

• He did not hesitate verifying his identity by sharing a state issued drivers license
  • His name is in fact Michael
  • The information on his license matches that of his profile
  • The geolocation of his posts matches the location of his license
  • He also added a handwritten note to accompany the product he is wishing to sell
  • All of his pictures appear to be unique

Should any of you have any other reasons that concern you please DM me.

-Michael

Thank you for doing the extra leg work, sir. I figured this bore repeating. =)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks Mike

Mike,

No one can reply to the Classified ads...we used to be able to but people were using random replies to help "bump" their ads back up to the top of the pile. There are no replies allowed on any of the ads - even the seller can only go in and edit it but can't reply on top of the original post.

I don't know if any of the other recent changes prevent you from sending him (or any other members) direct messages through the messaging system or not - but you should still be able to post feedback for Ben here:

https://www.airgunnation.com/forum/classifieds/transaction-feedback/

Hope that helps...

I phrased that wrong. When I first joined I was able to DM the owner of the gun by clicking their profile and composing a message to them. I read the stickies and learned that there were no replies to ads, and how to contact the poster of the ad. But now, I can't do that, I think rules changed. I bought the gun from BH and had no trouble contacting him initially. After the purchase I saw that he had Akula mods for sale on a different ad in the classifieds, for some reason I wasn't able to message him anymore from the ad. I did contact him through email. 

Thanks Mike

I phrased that wrong. When I first joined I was able to DM the owner of the gun by clicking their profile and composing a message to them. I read the stickies and learned that there were no replies to ads, and how to contact the poster of the ad. But now, I can't do that, I think rules changed. I bought the gun from BH and had no trouble contacting him initially. After the purchase I saw that he had Akula mods for sale on a different ad in the classifieds, for some reason I wasn't able to message him anymore from the ad. I did contact him through email. 

Thanks Mike

We've added some additional measures. You'll need to make a few public posts or replies to access the DM feature. You should have recieved a pop-up message when you were denied.

Thanks Mike

We've added some additional measures. You'll need to make a few public posts or replies to access the DM feature. You should have recieved a pop-up message when you were denied.

My computer skills are kinda iffy at best. When I first registered, I was able to message the owner of the gun and made the purchase, now I don't even see a way to message anyone, so I didn't get a pop up warning. We'll get there. I've learned a lot from just reading.

If I were interested in his item & he sent it first, he'd get paid & his first positive feedback. 
I'm not interested in it at all for use or resale but just saying I have dealt with folks who came into the AG community and did exactly that.

I remember a guy, had a Asian name in CA. He had a LNIB $476.00 MSRP Bushnell 4200 & wanted $300 or something shipped. No feedback. I definitely wanted that scope but was it going to show up? Was it truly LNIB?

I contacted him and let him know if he sends it & it's as described he's not only getting paid but will be able to sell absolutely anything. It arrived in LNIB condition and he got PIF by me immediately. I wrote that story in his Yellowforum BOI reference saying "this man has proven himself beyond any doubt & is 100% trustworthy. 
I admittedly forget his name and my 20+ pages of BOI & his are now gone forever. But yeah, this is AGN & all the FA crossover/newcomers to AGN/AG's in general make knowing whose who impossible.

Glad I'm not interested in the item. I'm going back out to shoot.

Yeah, I joined to say that it took me less than 5 seconds to find out the guy was a pastor. I know it took me less time to google the pastors email than it took for Michael anthony Lenardon to write that post... Do your due diligence before you post libel like Mike anthony Lenardon. I spent 5 minutes reading over his posts. over 40% of them are paranoid schizophrenic stuff, like his magazine misprint thread, and then emailing the manufacturer with this:

Well I shot them (Armory) off an email. Here's what I said:

How do I know you are a legitimate business. Your area code is for north america and you do not have an address for a brick and mortar business. None of your products that I looked at have any reviews. Honestly, you look pretty sketchy to me. Prove to me you're not.

Lets see if I get a reply 

Steve

No one has called him a scammer. He played our system to his advantage. Thats all. We need to implement a change to our system so it becomes better than it is now.

I see you're a long term member. You joined today. 

Got something to sell?

You've been a member for roughly 2 years. I was pretty up front and clear in that I registered SOLELY because of the egregiousness of your post. If I was somehow a longterm member on YOUR illustrious message board... 2+ years of talking to someone like YOU, would stop me from ripping you off? People get married and still cheat. You think you're somehow more special than my life partner? Because we talked about pellets? I think you're worried about scammers because you're too simple to avoid them. If I had any mercantile dealings with you, you would not be very happy. You're not an honorable or respectable person and deserve neither in my book.

Yeah I have something to sell you, some lithium. If you don't want to buy it, i'll give you some free advice, seek out your doctor and figure out why you're seeing charlie under every blade of grass. Living life as a paranoid schizophrenic isn't any fun, Mike.

No one said he is a scammer. He followed the rules. 10 posts and you can list what you want on the classified. He played the system, we need to implement a change to the system. Maybe 90 days and 2 posts per week before you can sell on the classifides.

I signed up just to post here, because this thread is amazingly ridiculous. First thing I do if I don't trust someone or a deal, is I google their email, usually this shows me what other forums they've spammed their 'scam" on, etc. You google this guys email it goes to a church website and he's a pastor. Some of you guys are real scumbags www.fpfumc.org/small-groups/ See the email for the pastor? Same email as in the classifieds. LOL.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED PROFANITY

I joined this forum to sell an air tank that came on my umarex gauntlet, yesterday. Did not know about the rules about selling til I read them. I have since bought (paying tomorrow) 2 pistols from a member and decided to keep my air tank for when I get something else I can use it on(spare tank). 

I have spent a lot of time reading since joining as i've wanted to get into more airgun vs real gun shooting lately anyways.

I came to sell something, ended up buying instead, and learning quite a bit to boot.

I realize this thread is a bit old but wanted to contribute. Just because you're new doesn't mean you're a scammer. Although nobody is really wrong to be skeptical. People scam all the time.

Sorry if responding to an old post offends anyone.

Jeesh, the poor guy didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe he was just anxious to sell the gun so he made some dumb posts so he would meet the minimum requirements and list it. 

That being said, I don’t buy things from people I don’t know or who don’t have quite a few positive feedbacks. 

If he is legitimate, he probably won’t be posting on AGN anytime soon after all of this negative speculation.

Stoti

STOTI I agree !! SO we are hating the player for playing the game.. the folks that monitor the forum, are in a position to enforce forum rules WE are in position to abide by them, if a known POS scammer comes around, then by all means call them out THE KEYWORD here being KNOWN... NOT ALL NEW MEMBERS ARE SCAMMERS!! remember that you were new too ..AIRGUN BUCK FEVER (ABF) causes excitement and at times bad judgement for people like a kid on Christmas ! HELL I still get all giddy when I shoot or get a new bobble for my gun. I can tell you as a fairly new member I don't sell here for this reason. . ALL YOU PLAYER'S THAT BUY FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS MAY HAVE MISSED AN OPERTUNITY from both of us.

TODD