• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Crappy service from Pyramyd.

Pyramyd please feel free to contact me and I will fill you in on my opinion and why I will not be shopping with you any longer. I encourage others to ditch Pyramyd and purchase where they actually give a #$%^ about the customer.

Here's my story. 

Bought an Ataman AP16 compact from pyramyd with a spare cylinder. Some pin fell out of the spare cylinder rendering it useless because the valve could never be pushed open when the cylinder was screwed on.

Contacted Pyramyd about 2 months ago (yeah, COVID, I know - but 2 MONTHS to resolve?) and got to the point of requesting an RMA for the faulty product about 1 month ago. Never heard a peep until a few days ago when I got a follow-up message from Pyramyd asking what order number this return request was in reference to - BAD JOKE, right? Tell them the part and order # and get a RMA. They are apparently expecting that I am going to ship this bad part back on my dime (what company does that?).

There was also a comment about it being under 60 days so they would take it back. I'm thinking gee thanks - I only opened this ticket 2 months ago.

I get it - COVID - timing is messed up - but this is pathetic Pyramyd.

Hello --

Ah, yes, the PA/AGD cartel. I order from AGD in UT and expect shipping to be reasonable. No. Double the shipping because it is being shipped out of PA in OH.

AGD order - 4 tins JSB 25.4s 350 count ship from UT - 15$ shipping from UT

AGD order - 4 tins Polymags 26s 150 count - 30$ shipping from OH ***Half the weight, twice the shipping fees***

And you cannot get a shipping label. Not surprised. Shipping fees seem to be a major part of their bottom line.

They are apparently expecting that I am going to ship this bad part back on my dime (what company does that?).

What company will do that? In my experience, Umarex USA is a company that will do that. Two RMA returns and getting a shipping label was like getting a root canal. 

I dont order anything any more from them...when I started 2016 they were the best hands down.. yo placed your order on the weekend and it was here in PR in 4 days..but now the have gone worst in the last 2 years shipping prices has doubled .. you place a order now and it will take a month n twice the money...and is their fault they want to make money on the shipping to.. because Utah airguns and trenier outdoors have the same shipping cost than PA n AGD used to 4 year ago .. so they cant say shipping have gone up because other companies still have reasonable shipping costs...it has go up but no triple the cost . I'm still waiting 3 bipods that they don't even send me a refund..

Never had a bad experience with PA in about a dozen orders. For each bad experience, there's probably a hundred, probably more, outstanding transactions. They are a solid company.

Then they need to stand up and reply. What I've noticed in the short time I've been in this hobby/sport is the lack of communication from the seller to the consumer. I'm not happy about how long it's taking for my Continuum to arrive, but at least FX-USA is willing to respond to my concerns.

Their service is hit and miss without a doubt. It's accounted to total volume orders/hits versus singular complaints/misses. I know you feel frustrated but you're not the only one and believe it or not the bad orders are a small percentage in comparison to the satisfied orders. A company does a thousand orders a day and you will have 50 plus orders not so great. Law of averages. You being in that 50+ percentage ranges sucks, I've been there also. And I have also been in the satisfied percentage range as well with my dealings through PA and more then the dissatisfied percentage. 

Their service is hit and miss without a doubt. It's accounted to total volume orders/hits versus singular complaints/misses. I know you feel frustrated but you're not the only one and believe it or not the bad orders are a small percentage in comparison to the satisfied orders. A company does a thousand orders a day and you will have 50 plus orders not so great. Law of averages. You being in that 50+ percentage ranges sucks, I've been there also. And I have also been in the satisfied percentage range as well with my dealings through PA and more then the dissatisfied percentage.

Mistakes are expected with any human operation.

However, my problems with Pyramid were a total lack of response, hours on hold, etc. when there was a problem, thus forcing credit card charge backs.

When I spend hours trying to figure out how to get what I ordered, and paid for, it is time to reconsider vendors.

It not the mistakes, it is how they are handled,

Mistakes are expected with any human operation.

However, my problems with Pyramid were a total lack of response, hours on hold, etc. when there was a problem, thus forcing credit card charge backs.

When I spend hours trying to figure out how to get what I ordered, and paid for, it is time to reconsider vendors.

It not the mistakes, it is how they are handled,

I ordered a TX200 with a few other things from them in July. When I would check to see an 'estimated in stock date', they would email me, but not anything helpful. Their email was to say, "hey, we saw you looking at the TX200 - you should buy one!". Last week I emailed to ask them to knock it off because I found it offensive. Their response was basically "We don't care. These e-mails make us money". My wife read the email without my saying anything and was offended by its rude tone.

To make it worse, I split a scope off that order. They forgot to put in for my refund. So, I called about the refund and found out my rifle was sitting on a shelf. They hadn't sent it because there was a pending refund on my order - the one for the scope they forgot to submit!

It is beyond just being disorganized. They have almost no concern for customers in my recent dealings with them. It's a shame. They need more competition to keep them focusing on customers more. I am going with AoA and Baker for now.

I will say this about PA. #1 This BS Covid thing has gone far enough ! A severe flue has the same death and sickness rate and we don't do crap when that happens. Get ready for some big changes in the world. Anyway, I had 3 air gun purchases from PA in the last 8 - 10 months. My Pop died in the middle of all this ( nothing to do with CV ). So I never even could make the time to test them as they came ( I never usually do this ) . So needless to say I finally got a chance to get them charged up and tested yesterday. To my relief and Amazement all 3 worked exactly as they should. That being said, My phone calls to PA were a bit BS. Very hard to get ahold of them and when I did both times the women was short with me and on the *ichy side while on the phone. And rushed me through an order as a result I missed some ammo on the order. And Umarex , Hhaa.... I had such a bad experience with them about 6 or more years ago, I wouldn't buy a Spacecraft from them if they offered it for $10 . LOL

I will say this about PA. #1 This BS Covid thing has gone far enough ! A severe flue has the same death and sickness rate and we don't do crap when that happens. Get ready for some big changes in the world. Anyway, I had 3 air gun purchases from PA in the last 8 - 10 months. My Pop died in the middle of all this ( nothing to do with CV ). So I never even could make the time to test them as they came ( I never usually do this ) . So needless to say I finally got a chance to get them charged up and tested yesterday. To my relief and Amazement all 3 worked exactly as they should. That being said, My phone calls to PA were a bit BS. Very hard to get ahold of them and when I did both times the women was short with me and on the *ichy side while on the phone. And rushed me through an order as a result I missed some ammo on the order. And Umarex , Hhaa.... I had such a bad experience with them about 6 or more years ago, I wouldn't buy a Spacecraft from them if they offered it for $10 . LOL

They are apparently expecting that I am going to ship this bad part back on my dime (what company does that?).

What company does that ??? MANY. I have had to return air rifles and scopes that were UNDER WARRANTY and had to pay shipping both ways. It was explained to me this way..When you buy a vehicle and it needs warranty work, it's up to the customer to get the vehicle to them to be worked on…not them to get your vehicle to them. SO….I paid the shipping and sent it off.