• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cracked stock .

Odd place, how'd it happen?

Well, take the stock off, clean out the crack good, work in some gorilla glue or other high strength adhesive, and figure out some way to clamp the crack together while it dries. The location of that crack makes it tough to clamp together, so just practice methods until you find one that works, then go for the glue. Don't overlook surgical tubing.

There are kits for stock repair that include a drill and screw to help hold it together, but that is such a hard spot to work with, I don't see how you'd do it.

or get ahold of Umarex or Walther and see what a new stock would cost, you never know,,,,,

thats is my thinking on the subject, by cracky

good luck and let us know how it turns out.

yeah, I am thinking about finding out what a replacement would run. Plastic can be a Bi&*H to repair,as not every adhesive will work on every type of plastic. There are some types of reinforced CA glues (crazy glues) that are made to withstand stresses and vibration, impacts, etc that might be worth a look, but will be a gamble with the resin specific to that stock.

Good Luck!

Reactions: RoyE77
Thanks guys. I have no idea how it happened. It has never been dropped or abused. I don't shoot it all that much. I took it out the other day and was shooting the best groups I have ever shot with it. When I got done I noticed the crack. Hell maybe it is a good thing, It was actually grouping descent at 45 yards. Never done that before with it. I didn't measure the groups and I wasn't trying all that hard but I would say 1" ish at 45. Not to shabby for a .25 springer and a mediocre shooter.

That's a bummer..... You don't happen to know anyone that works in the auto body business do you? Dave is right about there being a lot of different types of plastics out there and for the most part a glue that works on one may not stick at all to another. There are some epoxies though that we use in auto body that cover a wide range of plastics and are used for structural repairs on bumpers and such... I would recommend Fusor's 142 (mainly because I'm very familiar with it) or something made by 3M. Your local parts store may even carry either one, however they are an epoxy and usually require a special caulking gun. What ever you decide to do I would recommend some kind of an epoxy rather than a glue like super glue and gorilla glue, mainly because they tend to be brittle and won't expand and contract like the plastic does. Good luck with the repair and keep us posted! 

Reactions: BDSKJChris