Cracked Stock

I'm an old guy so bear with me.....
crack1.1643724395.JPG
crack2.1643724396.JPG
crack3.1643724398.JPG
cracked4.1643724398.JPG
cracked5.1643724399.JPG

This was going to be my "it" rifle. I can't believe this has happened.

I'm a tool and die maker, about to retire and shoot air rifles. A little

disappointed to say the least. AOA does not return calls. 

I guess I have to dig a little deeper (if I can keep it from my wife) and 

go for the Air Arms HFT 500. It was a toss up, and i guess I lost the toss!

This was going to be my "it" rifle. I can't believe this has happened.

I'm a tool and die maker, about to retire and shoot air rifles. A little

disappointed to say the least. AOA does not return calls. 

I guess I have to dig a little deeper (if I can keep it from my wife) and 

go for the Air Arms HFT 500. It was a toss up, and i guess I lost the toss!

Sometimes they don’t call back. I’m not sure if they get busy or forget, but don’t let that stop you from trying to contact them. Call them again.

In the past I have had better luck calling them around the time that they open. If you get no answer, leave a message or call back and speak with someone in another department. If you do that you’ll likely be directed to the same line/department you initially received no answer, but sometimes I think that it prompts other employees to remind their coworkers about checking messages or it may put your issue on the mind of the right person if specific information is relayed between staff. I’m speaking as someone who’s sent something to them for warranty work. Don’t give up on em just yet. 

That's a strange looking crack. I wonder if it may have had a fall when being shipped. Shane is the AoA's repair manager, leave a voice mail. Those guys are swamped.

I agree, I was thinking delamination from his earlier discription. That has nothing to do with the laminations but definetly appears to be from a drop or similiar misshandle. Carefull examination might show glue residue in the crack if previously repaired...what a bummer, gonna be a hard sell to prove mfgr defects. I understand, I know how pissed I would be!!!!

I thought one of the major selling points of a laminate gun stock was. More stable than the traditional wood type stocks. Meaning less likely to expand and contract due to temperature or humidity. That is an odd looking crack. I would think if a laminate stock was to crack due to expanding or contracting it would do so along the the grain or at least parallel with the laminates. 

That crack is in the most high stress location on pretty much any gunstock. More gunstocks are cracked or broken there than all the other places combined. It could be that was a very fine internal stress crack which opened up from handling especially if it had a 2lb tacticool scope. If it were anywhere but there I would perhaps consider something other than trauma. The old superglue repair job as mentioned above is possible. 

Most shipping/transportation cracks and breaks happen right there and just like that as well. It is possible being transported from overseas or banged around at AOA could have caused the initial internal weakness. UPS/FedX etc shipping from AOA is possible.

It would be extremely rare for a laminate to just break going against the panels without being traumatized. Laminates don't have sap wood etc internally causing weakness's like walnut or beech etc. I would pursue the manufacturer as their margins are high and stocks are cheap to them. I can't see AOA replacing without the factory taking the hit.