CPHPvsRWSvsJSB

I keep trying new tests and finding that what I thought would happen; to be not as true as I thought.

For this test:
> Caliber: .22
> Pellets: CrosmanPremHP
RWS Super Point
JSB Hades

> Slinger: Crosman 2289

>Distance: 10 yards

Screenshot_20221207-163253_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-163229_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-163218_Gallery.jpg

That is one dead shingle. What are we looking at here for this test. I’m interested.
I was using the shingle as a new medium. Testing the impact on such a hard exterior and follow through. Like an armadillo per say or skull hit. The hollowpoint did much more on impact as well as on after. The pointed somehow managed more on impact than the Hades. But the Hades had more internal damage after impact. Both the pointed and Hades were easily found. The hollowpoint did best overall and ended up behind my backstop somehow🤨

Yes I know you do Deco. I am not saying they don’t work, but one cannot expect the accuracy of pelts with actual quality control. They work fine as a field/plinking pellet, as long as you can live with the variation in size. I have plenty on had in both calibers.

Fine for shooting stuff. My HWs shoot them pretty well, but not for punching paper, even at 10m.

I will never shoot them in my pcp because I expect more accuracy than they can provide.

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yes I know you do Deco. I am not saying they don’t work, but one cannot expect the accuracy of pelts with actual quality control. They work fine as a field/plinking pellet, as long as you can live with the variation in size. I have plenty on had in both calibers.

Fine for shooting stuff. My HWs shoot them pretty well, but not for punching paper, even at 10m.

I will never shoot them in my pcp because I expect more accuracy than they can provide.
Sorry to hear that i guess... Like i say i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as it picks crosman. If not its to a new home. I got one now that going to get one more chance or it a see ya later alligator..

The CPHP are pretty hard and really don not expand. They do penetrate well and can shoot somewhat accurately at shorter range.
I use em in my lego guns for pesting at home.

Have you tried the Daisy HP? They seem softer and others have reported that they expand nicely, even at slower speeds, if your gun will shoot them.
Thanks! Gunna have to try em! I have the daisy points though. I always try to select a lower priced pellet vs a higher and now ive been throwing in a 3rd type for more results at once🤪

What if someone even gave you a bunch? Not even then? I'm confused as to why some don't like certain brands🤷‍♂️they all go downrange🤪

Interesting I have the 2289 also and use the CPHP. That is one fun air pistol/carbine to shoot 🎯. I'll have to do some experiments/test. I have chronograph it with CPHP and have gotten 320-522 FPS with 3-12 pumps.
Nice! I've got the steel breech and an extended bolt probe on mine so far🤪🤙

What if someone even gave you a bunch? Not even then? I'm confused as to why some don't like certain brands🤷‍♂️they all go downrange🤪
If you are giving them away, sure I’ll take em.
I have bunches on hand and guns that are dedicated to them.

But for example, punching dots at 10m, they are sized too inconsistently to score well. No point in trying longer ranges.
If I am out plinking, sure, they are fine for any range that is practical for that particular gun.

If you are giving them away, sure I’ll take em.
I have bunches on hand and guns that are dedicated to them.

But for example, punching dots at 10m, they are sized too inconsistently to score well. No point in trying longer ranges.
If I am out plinking, sure, they are fine for any range that is practical for that particular gun.
I'm into the research side of things. Love seeing different results and such. 🤷‍♂️🤪🤙

Sorry to hear that i guess... Like i say i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as it picks crosman. If not its to a new home. I got one now that going to get one more chance or it a see ya later alligator..

LOL!!!! I am with you on that one. All my .22 airguns/barrels I keep have to pass the same CPHP test. I had a fancy TJ custom barrel I sold because it didn’t quite like the CPHP. They are about the only pellet I shoot in .22, in 177 I shoot both CPHP and pointed pellets.

It’s just a bore/choke size of the barrel that can deal with the CPHP’s size consistency issue. Most interesting and surprising is my FX barrels are just lasers with CPHP or crosman pellets in general.

LOL!!!! I am with you on that one. All my .22 airguns/barrels I keep have to pass the same CPHP test. I had a fancy TJ custom barrel I sold because it didn’t quite like the CPHP. They are about the only pellet I shoot in .22, in 177 I shoot both CPHP and pointed pellets.

It’s just a bore/choke size of the barrel that can deal with the CPHP’s size consistency issue. Most interesting and surprising is my FX barrels are just lasers with CPHP or crosman pellets in general.
Ya know in .22 any pellet size pops up more then .177. seems .22 runs more to looser. Like i guess my .177 stuff is pretty uniform leade ,where the .22 stuff runs large pr there leade sizing verys .somthing. i dont know..lol just a .22 is not uniformed as the .177's a pellet thats a tad big or small tells more in .22 i guess to say. Oh well i just shoot cphp 98.976% of the time regardless anyway like it or not. ( It best likes it)

Reactions: qball
Ya know in .22 any pellet size pops up more then .177. seems .22 runs more to looser. Like i guess my .177 stuff is pretty uniform leade ,where the .22 stuff runs large pr there leade sizing verys .somthing. i dont know..lol just a .22 is not uniformed as the .177's a pellet thats a tad big or small tells more in .22 i guess to say. Oh well i just shoot cphp 98.976% of the time regardless anyway like it or not. ( It best likes it)

As long as the choke is the same size or slightly smaller than the smallest head/skirt size then the barrel should shoot them fine. Plus the tune does make a big difference especially when size variations are higher, inefficient tune/muzzle blast will amplify any issues with how the pellet is released at the crown.