CPHP heads up

Yall got some pictures of packaged 500 pellet tins with the made in Brazil writing?

Current shelf product has the same Made In info as the pellets I bought 5 years ago. Here are 3 tins of CPHP's, from Left to Right:

2018 manufactured, white back, red, white and blue bullseye front with Made In The USA on the cover and on the card back.

2022 manufactured, white, blue and gold back, red, white and blue bullseye front with Made In The USA on the cover and on the card back.

2023 manufactured, white back, red, blue, gold, white, red bullseye front with Made In The USA on the card back only.

The target has the same pellets as you with the addition of the far right hand target which is the control group to foul the barrel.

My conclusion thus far with all this packaging change: the paint and printing has changed over the years to appeal to the masses, the pellets head sizes in all three tins (random selection from a pile poured out on a towel) all measure .219" +- .002. For a cheap, if not the cheapest pellet made in .22, these have great diameter control.

The targets clearly show 30 pellets from 3 tins removed from each other by years and tooling changes but remain as good or better with accuracy and precision then they had. I see no reason to change.

View attachment 326873View attachment 326874View attachment 326875View attachment 326876
No i never stooped to the essential pellets ( yet). But the 500 count .177 at $4.50 and may now just to try them ..lol.

The old crosman and the new air power packaging each still has made in usa with imported components speil .

These essential "recreational" with that ribbed skirting ( not primer/ cphp) are the imported ones in question.

Never had any yet so ????
( In.22 and .177 domed ribbed skirted)

cros5.png

$5.93 for me on Subscribe and Save.

Might not be bad to melt down, it's basically a pound of lead in that tin. Amazon shipping leaves a lot to be desired. They'll probably put them into too large of a box, throw some stuffing in there and kick it out the door to the USPS.
My first box came like too big looked old used box and no stuffing.. just loose retail paks to just bounce and slam around...

The 2ed order came in the same size ( a new clean looking box) and had air bladder packs in it to help movement..

Now each order came from a different amazon warehouse. Seemed the first one came from like filthadelpha pa .. the 2ed from maybe Memphis or orlando ???

Amazon packaging could be better no doubt but the crosman blister pack seems to keep the tins safe and dent free. The only time I've had a real problem with pellets in the mail was unfortunately from a major gun and ammo distributor that decided to put 10 cans of H&N pellets in a padded envelope.
Mine were dented but the cphp pellets are pretty hard so i did not notice much skirt damage.. maybe 8 bent skirts out of 6 tins worth... The 2ed order with stuffing in the box no damage at all... That amazon warehouse was far more caring..lol

Thing was i ordered 6 tins the amount that come in a main display box / brick.. but was sent all loose single blister packs just chunked in the box..

Mine were dented but the cphp pellets are pretty hard so i did not notice much skirt damage.. maybe 8 bent skirts out of 6 tins worth... The 2ed order with stuffing in the box no damage at all... That amazon warehouse was far more caring..lol

Thing was i ordered 6 tins the amount that come in a main display box / brick.. but was sent all loose single blister packs just chunked in the box..
I have never got them in a brick either between me and my father in laws orders with all the tins we ordered it would have been easier on the picker and packer.

Got ten tins of the "new design" today....says hecho in usa global parts etc. shipped in blister packs from ammozon. Ten blister packs jammed in a cardboard box with little airbags and a lot of "heavy" stickers outside. I found it funny. Anyway I opened all the tins and as far as I can tell they are the same as cphp's from three years back in weight and appearance. I did not observe any flash or skirt damage noted elsewhere; someone photographed a tin of really chewed up crosman pellets with lots of chaff and flashing. (I cant find that pic) Still cant beat $6.24 for 500 .22's . I'll run a tin this week...see if they stack.

Three tins escaped the clam shell package and two were dented pretty badly.
Wow. Truly a feat of sheer will and determination. It’s not trivial to remove the tins from the blister pack, even peeling from the access notch along the bottom. Oh the horrors those pellets have seen.

I guess the upside is you know with confidence they have been thoroughly tumble deburred. :D

Reactions: FarmPlinker
With all the lead bans and negative health issues associated with lead, don't be surprised if all american mfgrs stop making lead pellets and outsources them to countries where health concerns take a back seat to profits. That day is comming soon...unfortunately !!
**THIS**
I saw the thread, I've ALWAYS used CPHPs, figured I'd drop in, read, reply..
Then after seeing a few of the comments - I was going to add my $0.02, but AirShot beat me to it.

Going back to the Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) Administration,
they've been 'weaponizing' the EPA and EPA based rules and regulations, etc. So this sort of thing Should have been a l-o-n-g time ago.
The US has been limiting and/or stopping production at any/all manufacturers [having to do with Lead for all of that time, and still going]

You know.. Because of.. "The Sky Is Falling"
Anyways, if everyone wants pellets, battery terminals, solder, etc. etc. in the future,
I'd suggest looking at and accepting 'foreign made' products and just dealing w/ it.
It's "America's" own fault.

Anyways..
I just hope that the Q.C. holds up - right along w/ the quality we've learned to know and expect.

Anyways # 2..
Walmart has Always sold CPHPs.. They go for like $5. or $6 us dollars per 500/ct tin.
[I've bought them at just about every WallyWorld that I've walked into - and Sometimes see them in the discounted $4 range.]
That said - if people didn't know that - Now ya do.
[No need to pay more to order/ship them from online sources - If you have the ability to just grab em' locally]

Sam -

Reactions: RAMJET66
Oh come on now... America has the absolute highest Healthcare cost anywhere it's all about profits. Doctors have to pay for their 3 M's... the mansion, the mistress, and the mercedes!
Ever seen a tuition schedule for basic college through completion of MD and further specialties $$$$$

Lol.. thing i dont get it the change in the tin paint..

Why make your better primer tins look almost the same as the essential line?

Then like i said why remove the bold " built in usa" to add doubt that there really uas made in newyork and not bulk outsource pellets just dumped in any a tin ? If ny was a commi hard covid lockdown state who was making them to start even in the old usa tins? I dont think they have production in a free state ?
Thats kinda a hard fact i got to ponder on them..

Ever seen a tuition schedule for basic college through completion of MD and further specialties $$$$$
and do not forget mal practice ins. my doc and personal friend said the first three months of the year ALL $$ go for paying INS. and he is a General practice guy not a surgeon .

Reactions: Firewalker
i google searched for CPHP today , & called 4 x W/m 's today , only 1 was posted that had , them, i called & the lady in sporting goods, she looked & stated there were 3 packs , i asked her to save them for me , she said it's not allowed, , so i drove 23 miles one way, & i get there , all they had were piranha's, ( i would not purch for $ 4 tin they were $10.99) , she was very sorry about her mistake, & i said it is okay , just an honest mistake , but showed her a pic of th cphp, & went home without pellets with my tail between my legs..