Coyote Hunter Recommendations

I am looking for a PCP rifle and caliber and pellet recommendation for a coyote hunt? What does the forum recommend? I am looking for quality, 100 yd kill capability and occasionally back yard friendly.

View attachment 280702

Please advise.
Definitely .25 and up I would recommend semi auto to be able to get a follow up shot or even full auto dump in them lol but yea . I have a leshiy2 setup for coyotes rn 34gr slug 50 fpe! Could even step up to 70 fpe with only 350mm barrel

I own a few fx rifles and they accurate , now for me , and It is me I wont use it for Yotes siimple reason , their setups are not poi durable for me , I know alot of you do not understand what I mean while I can shoot my impact or maverick on steel and gt great accuracy , The guns are fragile for Poi changes and not durable meaning the liner and barrel are flimsy the power plenum is also weak link when gun gets bumped or say evn falls onto grass , I had mine break orings their a few times and heck I can litterly bend barrel with little force just grab ahold of your moderator and apply pressure they are like fishing poles , for Coyote sized game , I need rigid like edgun , evol , taipan , with solid barrel , Here is a shot story of a fatal accident with my R5M a yr or so , edguncame out with synthetic stock I had put one on my r5m long and I was shooting , my mp slugs at a spinner off my deck 109 yards a 1 1/4inch spinner , I had My schmidt bender 5x25 ffp with a p4f Mil reticle , I went into house to get my tank and the stock broke where it was sectioned togeather so the scope and gun fell off tripod bounced off trex floor and down 14 stairs onto cement , I saw only the front part of stock in tripod , Well I was flipped out and went to get gun , I quickly put it back into the wooden stock and mounted it to tripod , I figured My scope and gun were toast , I shot at spinner and low and behold I hit next 5 shots 5 times and hit the same spinner prior to it falling onto cement and tumbling down stairs ,
So this is what I mean when I say durable The Edguns no question in my mind weather when I pull trigger on a coyote my slugs will hit exactly where I aim , 100% of time and same with any scopes i use for hunting my Schmidt Benders , ZCO ,SWFA or RAZOR3 or Tangent Theta , will always hit where I aim ,
I just had way too many times with other airguns being bumped or something and pio changes , I cant even think about a coyote pcp set up which is not 100% of time able to be spot on even if it gets bumper or falls , this is my Criteria and I refuse to deviate , I owe a majestic animal like the coyote Either to be 100%sure it is a perfect shot ,
Now if I was using my 6.5creedmore or a gun with 2000fpe then yes you can get away with wiggle room but with alower powered pcp ,I need my equipment gun 100% trustworthy before the shot, I do not want to wound a animal , better off not taking shot ,if unsure
LOU

Did you write that ? I certainly didn't.

My .22 is shooting 30.5gr at 1045 fps... which is 75 fpe at muzzle.

It's showing 51 fpe at 100 yards on the ballistics calculator after putting everything in

.218 diameter, .097 bc, 1:16 twist rate, 60 degree temp , 1045 fps muzzle velocity
No...Simmer down now...
That was the pellet and muzzle velocity of his rifle in the original post. I was wondering WHAT pellet or slug you were shooting and how fast to have 55fpe at 100 yards...that's all.

I was target shooting and hit a Coyote in the brush by mistake with a FX Maverick 22 cal and had em yipping in pain
Hope he doesn't retaliate :p
Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 8.48.09 AM.jpg

Reactions: abqjoe
I've taken a few Dawgs with the FX Impact. My favorite projecttile is 38.5 grain Nsa slugs about 970 fps to the skull. I'm thinking about trying something in the 34 grain range this winter.

If you don't hit the coyote in the ideal spot the ammo can deflect off the skull. Be patient on the shot. They always seem to be moving around and a slight movement at the moment you pull the trigger could mean that it will not be fatal or even less likely go down instantly. If you're just eradicating just take body shots with a 22 slug at 20 grains or more at over 35 ft lbs. They die. But you might not recover a carcass. And it won't be quick

I believe this question is limited to a couple of factors initially. How loud can you be and how much money can you spend.
Being privileged enough I have only used the expensive porion of airguns(including Belgian custom made), I would recommend Slayer in 308 or 357. Light, HP, accurate slugs(testing). Light for flat trajectory for minimum adjustment in various ranges. The lighter HP slugs for coyote will have more than enough power drop in tracks as long as you can keep in the 2 inch kill zone. Head shots 50 yards or less.

If not the budget, then AF 257, 308 with HP slugs as long as you can keep in that 2 inch zone.

Sho
I believe this question is limited to a couple of factors initially. How loud can you be and how much money can you spend.
Being privileged enough I have only used the expensive porion of airguns(including Belgian custom made), I would recommend Slayer in 308 or 357. Light, HP, accurate slugs(testing). Light for flat trajectory for minimum adjustment in various ranges. The lighter HP slugs for coyote will have more than enough power drop in tracks as long as you can keep in the 2 inch kill zone. Head shots 50 yards or less.

If not the budget, then AF 257, 308 with HP slugs as long as you can keep in that 2 inch zone.
Please show the pictures of your expensive hand made rifles. Other way I will never see one!

Sho

Please show the pictures of your expensive hand made rifles. Other way I will never see one!
You can look at website for following brands DZ Sinner, Beaumont Grizzly(a lot of problems with this one..) and PTE.
You have good content for PTE on YouTube wit airgunnerSA and SHOOTER MAKE READY channels.
These are single shot though so not ideal when lugging around, also heavy.