• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Coyote Hunt with Benjamin Bulldog .357 Big Bore Air Rifle

This is a video of a giant rogue coyote that decided to take up residence behind my ranch and would not scare off. I tried to run it off on several occasions because I didn't want to shoot it out back and have my wife discover me killing it. My wife has this weird ideal that coyote are just like house dogs and she hates it when I hunt them so I just don't tell her. This coyote started chasing the neighbor's dog and then I became concerned it would chase a kid or one of my dogs so when the wife went to the store I decided to let the Bulldog off the leash and this video is the result of what happened when I went out back looking for this crazy coyote.

The Bulldog is an awesome rifle and I have found it to be very accurate. I only have it sighted in out to 50 yards so far and plan to MAP it in out to 100 in the near future. The Bulldog also packs a mean punch as evidenced by the work it did on this coyote. 

Thanks Guys. I wanted to share the Trajectory MAP that I have developed for the gun so far in case in might help someone. I have the Centerpoint Adventure Class 4to16x40AO Scope mounted using the rings and mounts that come with the scope along with the Benjamin by Nosler 145gr Ballistic Tip Air Rifle Bullets available through Crosman. I like to take my 5 shots between 2700 and 2200 PSI. Each shot drops the PSI about 100 lbs then after 5 shots I top it back off to 2700 again. This seems to be the sweet spot on the power curve. You can get 10 shots per fill if you fill it up to 3000 PSI and shoot it down to 2000 but I like to find the sweet spot and stay closer to that. I don't have a chrony to test this theory this is just from shooting about 300 rounds through the gun now. Here is the MAP I have so far:

YARDS AIM
5 4H
10 3H
15 2H
20 .5H
25 DO
30 DO
35 DO
40 DO
45 .5H
50 1H

The Trajectory Curve topped out at 25-40 yards so I made that the DO (Dead On) and all of the other yardages are holdovers using the Mildots below the Crosshairs. I plan to sight in every 5 yards out to 100 or until I run out of Mildots first. I wanted the gun to be able to take turkey next spring at 5 yards so I wasn't so concerned about making this a 100 yard gun although I do feel it is capable of being accurate out to 100 if you wanted to sight it in for that far.