Other coyote gun

Don't blame ya for wanting an air rifle, they expand the possibilities. As for the neighbors. We've had a couple come and go like that over the years. Our response has always been to have range day every day. Screw them, you/we can't let them have their way.

Nuff said and UGH... Can you still use lead pellets or slugs to hunt with out of an air rifle?
im good with le
Nuff said and UGH... Can you still use lead pellets or slugs to hunt with out of an air rifle?
yes, since I’m technically not hunting them and just doing pest control but if i go hunt them somewhere else other than my own property I have to use leadfree

Don't cheap out. The PCP world is def a buy once cry once then get the bug and buy and cry some more thing. Budget a good air compressor and tank with a drier if the compressor doesn't have one built in. The recommendations for a .30 or .35 for Yotes are good ones. The .30's can be quieted down with a moderator pretty well, don't know about the .35s. You will def want a moderator to stay discreet. These are loud enough to draw attention without.
I just picked up a new RTI P-3 in .25 cal but winter and all I won't be able to mess with it for a while yet, they offer it in .30 but they are not semi auto. There are a bunch of good ones but semi auto limits choices. Personally I'd avoid the AEA and Hatsan stuff. Evanix maybe? See folks asking questions about them but not too many complaint threads unlike the other two. Never owned a SA one so I'm not much help.

To try and get peeps to chime in.
KalibrGun Springbok
Western Sidewinder
any of the EVANIX as a former video game nerd do like the Cloud Ultra. This is getting dangerous.

Helpful thoughts?

Last edited:
Don't cheap out. The PCP world is def a buy once cry once then get the bug and buy and cry some more thing. Budget a good air compressor and tank with a drier if the compressor doesn't have one built in. The recommendations for a .30 or .35 for Yotes are good ones. The .30's can be quieted down with a moderator pretty well, don't know about the .35s. You will def want a moderator to stay discreet. These are loud enough to draw attention without.
I just picked up a new RTI P-3 in .25 cal but winter and all I won't be able to mess with it for a while yet, they offer it in .30 but they are not semi auto. There are a bunch of good ones but semi auto limits choices. Personally I'd avoid the AEA and Hatsan stuff. Evanix maybe? See folks asking questions about them but not too many complaint threads unlike the other two. Never owned a SA one so I'm not much help.
thank you i think semi auto is out the window

My farm pest PCP that's supplanted my rimfires completely these last 2+ years has been an FX Wildcat MkIII BT Sniper. Been a pretty good one and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Only minor beef with it is if I let it sit a week or so the first shot is always underpowered and hits low. As long as I take a shot with it every couple days no problems with that. That RTI should be an upgrade or so I hope.

I've got a Sidewinder and while I think it's an awesome gun, if I were looking for something to kill coyotes with covertly at night I would choose something else. The Sidewinder is just inherently loud and while you can make it significantly quieter than stock, it's always going to be way louder than other air rifles of a similar power level just due to the nature of its action. Second, a Sidewinder is expensive. It's about $2200 for the rifle, but you'll definitely want an adaptor for the muzzle and a good moderator as well and if you opt for additional mags, they're $150 each on a good day.

I'd go with a bolt or side lever myself. You can work the action on those very quickly and there are literally dozens of rifles out there that are in your price range and up to the job.