• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Coyote gun choices?

I like my new 25 cal V3 from Tenacious Airguns! It is precise and 92 FPE with 49.1gr slugs. Shoots right around MOA at 100Y so brain shots are possible with every shot at that distance or less.
Perhaps someday I'll get a yote with it.

It's a good idea to research projectiles while considering the highest BC's per weight. It somewhat renders down to the balance of - arrival velocity, FPE downrange, and which projectiles have the least wind drift.
If I were specifically wanting to kill a yote inside 100Y I might well choose 30 or 35 cal because I've had them run off from a chest shot using a 22rf 40gr match bullet at 1100 fps. That's what my gun was sighted in for but a high velocity HP would have been more appropriate.

I like my new 25 cal V3 from Tenacious Airguns! It is precise and 92 FPE with 49.1gr slugs. Shoots right around MOA at 100Y so brain shots are possible with every shot at that distance or less.
Perhaps someday I'll get a yote with it.

It's a good idea to research projectiles while considering the highest BC's per weight. It somewhat renders down to the balance of - arrival velocity, FPE downrange, and which projectiles have the least wind drift.
If I were specifically wanting to kill a yote inside 100Y I might well choose 30 or 35 cal because I've had them run off from a chest shot using a 22rf 40gr match bullet at 1100 fps. That's what my gun was sighted in for but a high velocity HP would have been more appropriate.
Yeah I've had coyotes run off with 22250s and 243's and they got a heck of a lot more energy than any Air Rifle.

Yeah I've had coyotes run off with 22250s and 243's and they got a heck of a lot more energy than any Air Rifle.

Yep

I've used many of those varmint cartridges for yotes. A few I've been impressed with for 250Y and less is a 17 Rem with 30gr Golds and a 20 Fireball Improved/20FBI with 32gr vmax. That little 20 is the most over performing cartridge I've come across!

Yep

I've used many of those varmint cartridges for yotes. A few I've been impressed with for 250Y and less is a 17 Rem with 30gr Golds and a 20 Fireball Improved/20FBI with 32gr vmax. That little 20 is the most over performing cartridge I've come across!
Oh I love my 17 Remington with golds as well. It's a hammer like you said under 250 or less. I was hoping the 17 WSM rimfire would come out in a good gun. It would work great for coyotes and bobcats 150 and in. I am getting a V3 in 22 shooting slugs at 60 FPE from Derrick to be honest I don't shoot my powder burners hardly at all anymore except for coyotes and I would like to change that to Airguns. I just wish the state of Oklahoma would allow Air Rifle's for deer and I would start hunting those again. They did however allow air bows last year but only during rifle season and you had to buy a special pack I guess you could say so you could. so maybe they are coming around.

Jon

Reactions: steve123
Oh I love my 17 Remington with golds as well. It's a hammer like you said under 250 or less. I was hoping the 17 WSM rimfire would come out in a good gun. It would work great for coyotes and bobcats 150 and in. I am getting a V3 in 22 shooting slugs at 60 FPE from Derrick to be honest I don't shoot my powder burners hardly at all anymore except for coyotes and I would like to change that to Airguns. I just wish the state of Oklahoma would allow Air Rifle's for deer and I would start hunting those again. They did however allow air bows last year but only during rifle season and you had to buy a special pack I guess you could say so you could. so maybe they are coming around.
Few of us know about those Golds so that's fun you got to experience them!!!

I think you made a good choice in both air rifle as well as seller/tuner!

Not mine, but I've dealt with this seller before and he's solid. I'd give this a look for what you are seeking...

We are over run by the damn things, we lost multiple cats. What's your favorite call?

This is my iguana gun but coyotes too once I get it dialed in. 30 cal

This is the budget end for sure though

20230724_183045.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotay42
We are over run by the damn things, we lost multiple cats. What's your favorite call?

This is my iguana gun but coyotes too once I get it dialed in. 30 cal

This is the budget end for sure though

View attachment 375620
I mostly hand call and use critter calls and the tally ho. If I use an E caller it's a lucky duck with a bunch of Rick Pallet sounds

Reactions: mr_nom_noms_
Little much for what I want to spend.
Understand I have a brand new unfired

Umarex Gauntlet 2 .30 cal with two mags I’ll sell you for $400.00 but you have to pick it up for that price. I live by the interchange of interstate 8 and interstate 10.​

Oh it also has an added new Buck Rail moderator to go with.
Trying to help with getting you into a coyote rig. I love coyote hunting

PM me for my phone number if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nealgl1985
Understand I have a brand new unfired

Umarex Gauntlet 2 .30 cal with two mags I’ll sell you for $400.00 but you have to pick it up for that price. I live by the interchange of interstate 8 and interstate 10.​

Oh it also has a added moderator to go with.
Robson Ranch Eloy, AZ
Trying to help with getting you into a coyote rig. I love coyote hunting

PM me for my phone number if you want
I appreciate the offer but that's a little far for me to drive from OK. I would shoot under a 170" whitetail to shoot a coyote. Coyote hunting is my number 1 love.

Jon

• Love
Reactions: Scotay42
This thread has really sparked my interest. I want to learn about coyote hunting now. Like I say, in this part of Florida we have thousands but they are 'wiley' just like the cartoon.
Only thing that gets/got my heart pumping like coyote hunting is archery elk hunting the rut. But I can coyote hunt year round. And I’m a varmint hunter at heart.