• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Covid Plan for AAFTA Oct 16th - 18th 2020 National FT Championships

I’m sure some of you are wondering if we will be hosting the AAFTA National Championships this year. We still plan to move forward with hosting the event as long as the state of California or Oregon doesn’t totally shut down again.

The plan is to set up another range if more than 50 plans to attend, 50 is the limit allowed on one range at a time under the current rules at the Morro Bay location.

I’ve heard from some folks that they are planning to come for sure if we can possibly host it. And some have said they will wait until very close to the event to decide based on how the virus is doing at the time.

As much as that makes it hard for my planning and budgeting, I understand completely. I don’t want the pain of having to return match fees either. Speaking of which the plan would be to only return 90% of the match fee, allowing for the credit card charges and accounting/handling costs.

So, that means we should set up two full courses just in case a lot of folks are last minute attendees and we end up with more than 50. We could also split the groups into morning and afternoon sessions. Those not shooting or in the camping area, would have to clear out until their session. You would shoot morning one day and afternoon the next. Not great if the wind is calmer on one afternoon than the other, but squading can help with that issue. That part is still undecided.

The meals plan if allowed might be staggered, so that only a few are allowed in the dining room/kitchen area at a time. This might also work well for the morning and afternoon session’s idea, because the kitchen is on another range 1/2 mile away. Or we might have to just leave out the meals and banquet if we can’t meet safety standards at the time.

I’ll look into the possibility of doing the auction online as well as at the site, so those that want to can bid from anywhere, sitting in their car at the event, or in their man cave at home. That’s just an idea at this point.

We have to also consider the possibility that California has a blow up of covid cases and they shut down again this fall before the event.

If that happens and Southern Oregon is still open, which it has a high chance of being open, since we have a very low number of cases now, then I would move the event to my home ranch course where we are hosting the Oregon St Championships July 17th – 19th 2020, and use the Corp ranch Oak Alley Courses for the second range if more than 50 were attending. That was the original plan, but we moved it to Morro Bay, CA in the hopes of making it easier for more to attend.

I would suggest that potential attendees form groups of two to four of your friends that you are already exposing yourself to, and rent an RV that sleeps the group, and drive to the event and stay in the RV or split up your group with some staying in a hotel when you arrive. There is quite a bit of parking for RVs at the site and some have water and power hook ups. That way you don’t have to risk flying or cancel and re-book flights if the venue does have to change at the last minute.

Since there are many healthy folks walking around with the virus who don’t even know it, masks are highly recommended even though we will be trying hard to enforce the 6’ distancing rule. But let’s face it, some folks don’t even believe it’s a problem and aren’t going to even try to stay 6’ away from others. I will have our range officers enforcing this policy and require anyone not social distancing to start wearing a mask if for only the safety of others around them…. Or leave the event.

Masks are way more effective in keeping you from spreading it to someone else than protecting you from others. So, if you plan to attend please be considerate of others, especially our older more vulnerable members. You could be part of the 30% who get it and never know they had it or that they were infecting others without knowing it. I’ll have some comfortable cotton, easy to put on and off masks available for all attending.

Hand sanitizing stations will also be all around.

If you want to check out our website for more information: https://airgunoregon.com/competitive-matches/

If you want to preregister go here: https://form.jotform.com/193446365145159

Please let me know by email if you are even considering attending.

[email protected]

Thanks and Blessings,

Wayne Burns,

Match Director,

AAFTA 2020 National Field Target Championships

Hi all,

Again, if you haven't already, please email me if you are considering attending either the Oregon St Championships & AAFTA Grand Prix on July 17th-19th, or the AAFTA National FT Championships in Morro Bay CA. on Oct. 16th -18th.

You don't need to preregister on my website https://airgunoregon.com/competitive-matches/ if you don't want to. I understand the need to wait to see what the virus does. I prefer not to have to refund match fees as well... but if you are sure and want to secure a spot, then go ahead.

BUT, please email me if you are considering attending either match so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Wayne