• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Couple of early ones I would like more info on

Your particular model 102 repeater is early 1930's. It will have a serial at the front of receiver, visible when the pump lever is open. Usually a Letter followed by numbers. Let me know what you find.
Took a look at the Model 102 and found the S/N to be D1872

Did not see a number anywhere on the Model 140...when do think the 140 would have been made??

Did not see a number anywhere on the Model 140...when do think the 140 would have been made??
If you're in luck your 140 will have a 2 or 3 digit date code stamped on the breech plug. The first digit is the year, the 2nd or 2nd&3rd digit(s) are the month code. The finish on the breech plug should match the rest of the rifle. If it doesn't the plug is probably from a different gun and is invalid as far as your gun goes.

If you're in luck your 140 will have a 2 or 3 digit date code stamped on the breech plug. The first digit is the year, the 2nd or 2nd&3rd digit(s) are the month code. The finish on the breech plug should match the rest of the rifle. If it doesn't the plug is probably from a different gun and is invalid as far as your gun goes.
I am able to make out the numbers 117 on the breech plug and the finish on the plug does indeed match the rest of the metal.
So not sure how to tell the month/year with 117??

I am able to make out the numbers 117 on the breech plug and the finish on the plug does indeed match the rest of the metal.
So not sure how to tell the month/year with 117??
Once again I trusted my memory and got it backwards. Your 140 is the third variation which was made from '56 to '62. The date code is November '57

Reactions: .20calguy

Thank you for the serial.
If you have a caliper tool handy, would you mind measuring the diameter of the thumb screw that holds the cover on?
There's two sizes _ either .503 (1/2") or .565 (9/16").

Thank you for the serial.
If you have a caliper tool handy, would you mind measuring the diameter of the thumb screw that holds the cover on?
There's two sizes _ either .503 (1/2") or .565 (9/16").
If you are referring to the thumb screw on the 102, it measures right at 1/2" or just a touch over.

The 140 pumps up and seems to hold air, but the 102 does not seem to be holding? I would imagine it needs new seals??
I found this kit online.....would it be correct? Anyone done this and can give me tips??

Also, anyone happen to have a PDF copy of the owners manual for the 102??

Last edited: