Couple mega grey squirrels

Had an interesting morning, noticed the bear has been around chewed my jerry can layed a pile of poop etc.

Got a couple huge squirrels, this is a size 11 shoe. Using cast NOE .25 pellets at around 900fps. A little while later a yearling bear came around, buggered off when I asked it to.

Ended up getting a third squirrel but a coyote sauntered up and grabbed it. I'm pretty sure it stashed that one then came back for a second. Happy coyote!

20220423_095657.1650745661.jpg

In my gun club at the 300 meters range, half way down to the target area, on left side two dens maybe ten meters apart, a fox and groundhog are neighbours.

I was there yesterday after 6.30pm, when the LR precision rifle folks finished and left the club the fox toke out the youth for a walk on left side of a range and the groundhog on right side of the range, walked towards me side by side. This how that shooting range looks like. I have packed my stuff as well and just drive home.

range4.1650772334.JPG

Interesting is right, the big baddest animal ( humans excluded ) we get around here is a red fox, Bears
1f92a.svg
crazy.

Good harvesting on the Squirrel, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Harry, my head is on a swivel in there for the next 8 months or so. They've never given me problems in there happy to bugger off once they know a human is there. 

Monster squirrels. 

With avian flu taking out hawks this year, I wonder if the coyote population is going to get bigger?

That's a good question!

Great squirrels love the coat on the darky, looks like a fine pelt.

Your first bear picture looks exactly like it’s out of the Paterson Bigfoot video! 

Edit: You have the best avatar by the way. Doesn’t get any better than Charlie Bronson with an automag!

Haha yeah it does, and thanks love those Bronson movies. 

Glem, great shooting on those large greys with your cast ammo! Boy, the land you live at is very beautiful! Critters galore! Nice pics too.

Thanks Randall!

Good job on the squirrels Glem... The bear looks a little too big for an airgun though
1f604.svg

Thanks Luis, very true haha 

The bears definitely put a whole new dynamic on going for a walk. Nice shooting.

bear bells are good..

mike

I usually keep my phone blasting music on the walk in. Seems to work. 

Nice scores GC. Looks like the two could place pretty high in the record book for airgun harvest, assuming you create one for all you lucky suckers that live in or near the woods. Heard a joke before about how to tell the difference between Black Bear scat and Grizzly scat. Something about the Grizzly's smelling like pepper spray with whistles and bells mixed in. lol

jking

Nice scores GC. Looks like the two could place pretty high in the record book for airgun harvest, assuming you create one for all you lucky suckers that live in or near the woods. Heard a joke before about how to tell the difference between Black Bear scat and Grizzly scat. Something about the Grizzly's smelling like pepper spray with whistles and bells mixed in. lol

jking

Hahaha that's a good one, thanks Jimmy!