• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Could use help/ opinions......

Hey peopke, newbie here as I save my money would love to hear opinions/ advice on selecting a large bore PCP air rifle.

I have right now a Hatsan 125 .22 supercharger pistol, a Hatsan 150 torpedo vortex sniper in .25 , and a cross an .22 shockwave which are my target/ plinking guns. I would like to get a large bore PCP for hunting hogs and an occasional deer. I need the gun to be as quiet as possible.

So far my choices are the Hatsan Hercules .45/.357, the Gamo TC35-45,the Winchester 70 45, or the Urmax .50 hammer.

Im leaning towards the Uramax Hammer as of now. The gun will be a pure hunting tool What say you in this community.

Seems like a great group ! Thanxs for the opinions

I have a 357 Benjamin Bulldog with DonnyFL Emperor and I can confidently say that it will do the job out to 75 yards effectively and discreetly.

I did not buy it when it first came out and did my due dilligence first. It complements my 9mm Career Ultra which will also get the job done.

I would personally WAIT until the Umarex Hammer is out and in many airgunners' hands to review to wring out the possibilities of potential problems. You know how it goes nowdays if you read the forums...

CA

Do keep in mind that some state which do allow hunting with big-bore have cal. restrictions , and some will NOT allow a quietened airgun to be used.

I've had a DAQ .458 and it is a fine utility. The 909 big-bore/whatever name they use these days/senica/other are a proven very straight forward platform .

I've had the bulldog and must say I was honestly surprised by the trigger out of the box and it would atke game at the proper range, balance made it feel lighter than it actually is, very pointable even to people who'd never held anything.

John

yup JON is right .you need to read the hunting laws on where you intend to hunt ,,a couple that comes to mind would be AIR FORCE TEXAN 45. 35 or 30 cal or even a EVANIX makes the RAIN STORM whichi s nice ,,then theres the SENECA DRAGON CLAW a fifty cal beast that shoots pellets and air bolts ,aka arrows ,for $650 at pyramid air JIM CHAPMAN does some nice videos using the dragon claw and rainstorm ,good luck PAT

I have the Hatsan Hercules 45 cal. I'm finally getting some time to work with it, and find out what kind of ammo it likes. I will tell you this: If noise is a concern, then this is not the rifle for you. It is loud. It is also very heavy, so if you envision yourself stalking hogs through the woods, you may want to consider the lighter version, the Bully. Not as may shots, but not as heavy either. If you will be hunting from a stand or blind, and it's not too far of a walk, then the Hercules is a good rifle to have on the list.

I know it’s a single shot but The new Texan Carbine in 357 at 250fpe would be nice and with practice loading it for follow up shots shouldn’t be all that bad with the size of the 357 bullet and it’s under 40 inches long, the Bully in 30 or 357 would be nice but loud without a Emperor LDC on the end, A Bulldog in 357 would work as well with a little extra tlc, so there are some nice airguns out there you just need to ask questions and do some reading up on all of them and most will need a little bit of tweaking to get just right.