• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Could a carbine be any more fun than this?

I am a fan of AR style airguns and have two FX Impacts that I absolutely love. However, last week I got a Crosman 1701P pistol and added an RAI adaptor with side fold and AR stock, a TKO 6.5" moderator, wood grips, and a Sig Romeo 5 red dot. The whole set up comes in at at a whopping 4 lbs. 8 oz. It feels like a feather compared to the decked out Impacts. I don't need to use my compressor or air tanks to fill it. It takes 22 total pumps to go from 2000 to 2900 psi. No problem. This rig has blown me away. It is pure fun and incredibly accurate due to the Lothar Walther barrel. The TKO moderator gives it a very tiny, almost inaudible, "pif" and almost seems like it's not actually shooting. Using JSB 8.44 gr. pellets, the shot string is excellent without any tuning. I was particularly surprised that the 8.44's averaged 454 fps.
Shot count: 10
Low: 447
Hi: 460
Avg: 454
Spread: 13
STD Dev: 4.6

I am having a blast with this thing, and I can't imagine having another carbine that's this much fun. My first PCP was an Airforce TalonP, and I have nothing but great things to say about it, but it is more of a "serious" carbine compared to the Crosman. The 1701P is just a great airgun at a great price and perfect for my wife, my daughters, and (mostly) me;) No wonder most people who have one love it.

Crosman 1701P Carbine.jpg

I am a fan of AR style airguns and have two FX Impacts that I absolutely love. However, last week I got a Crosman 1701P pistol and added an RAI adaptor with side fold and AR stock, a TKO 6.5" moderator, wood grips, and a Sig Romeo 5 red dot. The whole set up comes in at at a whopping 4 lbs. 8 oz. It feels like a feather compared to the decked out Impacts. I don't need to use my compressor or air tanks to fill it. It takes 22 total pumps to go from 2000 to 2900 psi. No problem. This rig has blown me away. It is pure fun and incredibly accurate due to the Lothar Walther barrel. The TKO moderator gives it a very tiny, almost inaudible, "pif" and almost seems like it's not actually shooting. Using JSB 8.44 gr. pellets, the shot string is excellent without any tuning. I was particularly surprised that the 8.44's averaged 454 fps.

I am having a blast with this thing, and I can't imagine having another carbine that's this much fun. My first PCP was an Airforce TalonP, and I have nothing but great things to say about it, but it is more of a "serious" carbine compared to the Crosman. The 1701P is just a great airgun at a great price and perfect for my wife, my daughters, and (mostly) me;) No wonder most people who have one love it.

View attachment 285753
Just took a peak at the base price on that. I am hoping the accuracy (hole on hole) justifies the cost?

ps. Nice looking setup. OK, found my answer Crosman 1701P (Full Review) SILHOUETTE Target PCP Pistol

Last edited:
Reactions: pdxFrank

View attachment 285753
I feel exactly the same about my Benjamin PRod. It’s so quiet. Not gonna win any power competitions but what a great shooting little carbine it is. Shoots right around 15 ftlbs at the speeds in the shot string. Was pretty easy to tune and was actually quite fun to tune. I have two FX’s, two AEA’s and also an Akela. My favorite gun to shoot currently is my AEA Element and my FX Dreamline, but that PRod is easily right there with em for the fun factor. Mines topped with a UTG scope and also has the AR stock conversion.
225C9830-6D7C-44F7-A828-6D6FC35287E5.jpeg

A3B3B7BE-816E-473B-A5A1-F5650B8B8C07.jpeg