• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cothran Valve durability

Hi everyone,

I want to put a 15.7 pound hammer spring in my marauder that has a cothran valve in it. would the 15.7 pound hammer spring damage the valve in any way? I can't find a solid answer.

Thanks,

Matt

Here where you will likely get the best answer

[email protected]

edit - here is another email on his site

[email protected]

Hi everyone,

I want to put a 15.7 pound hammer spring in my marauder that has a cothran valve in it. would the 15.7 pound hammer spring damage the valve in any way? I can't find a solid answer.

Thanks,

Matt

Here where you will likely get the best answer

[email protected]

edit - here is another email on his site

[email protected]

Thank you very much!

.357 upper will suffocate without proper valve work.....the cothran valve is ported 1/4" which is .25/.357 = 70 % bore porting...you should send your valve + bolt probe to JSAR and request 85%-90% bore porting equal to the .357, and plan on running a regulator around 2200 psi or so...but thats just my opinion.

When I first talked to the lead machinist he pointed that out and it all taken care of. I've been talking to them since November about this project. I should have it soon. :)