• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events CORRECTED- Boerne, TX- JULY 2023 FT Match(es) Announcements

It goes without saying that Match Direction is not without SNAFU’s and boy did I pull a biggin.

Apparently I can’t wrap my head around 5 weekends in a month. I’ll work on that but the point is this:

PLEASE DISREGARD JULY’S POSTED AIRGUN SCHEDULE FOR BOERNE TX.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE CORRECT SCHEDULE:

SATURDAY JULY 15th
Boerne Field Target Club
AAFTA and 20 FPE Pistol Match

8:00 Am Gates Open - Sight in @ 50 yd range
9:00 AM shooters meeting, match start ( FT range)
After the match the 50 yd will be open until 3 pm. 6 lanes will have targets set as a course and other lanes open for paper targets. Maximum power is 20 fpe, pellet only.

Texas Field Target
25-115yd FT
4 pm 100yd Range opens - .30 cal 100 fpe max, pellet only
6pm Match Start
Range after until 10pm ( Targets will be lit up)

In addition to announcing the individual matches and details, I would like to take a brief moment to explain what’s the deal here in Boerne, TX and what a TFT Membership means in the real world, past a website.
Not only are there 2 matches of <100 fpe FT per month for members but there's also 6 hours a month of available 100 yd FT Practice Range Time
Wait...What?
Yep. TFT Memberships and Members Matches were designed to give shooters the vital element to winning competitions and the community the means of growing the sport:
100yd PRACTICE AND FIELD TARGET RANGE TIME!
Texas Field Target and The Boerne Shooting Club are making the historic 100 yd range available for TFT members matches and also serve as a private 100 yd Field Target practice range to shoot our targets, hay bales and paper, or just dope your scope. Maybe even have a side match with another member. And with TFT going from 8am to 3pm for the morning matches and all the way to 10pm for the evening matches, we have plenty of flexibility to accommodate and make airgunning more accessible to all.
That's 6 hours of range time a month to 100+ yds with 12-120fpe Field Targets, hay bales and paper at distances, covered shooting lines, all on a 100% private and airgun only range while there. Not too shabby for about the cost of a tin of pellets a year.
Full disclosure, BSC fees are collected per event and let me explain. $10 per shooter needs to be paid directly to the BSC. Otherwise, TFT membership would have to go way up in cost as TFT is charged to host matches, or we would need to make entry fees much higher and thus cost prohibitive to shooters. It would also then become counter intuitive to the TFT goal of promoting airguns at an affordable cost to most and with as much availability as we can provide.
But your membership KEEPS ON WORKING!!!
Because of the amazing support from the sponsors of the Boerne Field Target Club, AAFTA style matches will be shot ANOTHER day each month! Add in TFT’s members contributions and the BFTC will open a 50 yd Field Target Practice and Range both days!
Pyramyd Air was the first sponsor of BFTC, which quickly grew to include PelletGauge, Airgun Nation, SA ScubaShack and our close friends at Tenacious Airguns, who has been a major motivator for these things happening. All of our sponsors’ incredible support became the catalyst for Boerne Field Target’s rejuvenation and thus spurring the creation of Texas Field Target. Both share the common goal of the promotion of airgun competitions and airgun education in Texas.
Following in the history of the BSC, we are encouraging family participation in all airgun events. TFT Members get a family discount for shooting with the Boerne Field Target Club. This is to encourage shooters to try as many airgun competition disciplines as we can and help encourage family participation. All calibers, great and small!
One way to think of it is we are creating a veritable “Texas Field Target Country Club” of sorts, where shooters may hone their skills, gain experience, be introduced to new disciplines and most importantly, make new friendships and strengthen existing ones. Our goal is to make airgunning more accessible to new shooters and to provide means for shooters to excel in their marksmanship journey.
Almost forgot to mention the Expo shoots and vendor days lined up to get hands-on instruction, product demos and more! Might even have a brisket sliced up and some cold sweet tea at some Members Matches too..;)

In closing, I want to acknowledge that Texas has some of the most beautiful, unique and diverse airgun venues. Arlington Sportsman Club has some of the most challenging AAFTA courses and shots while being hosted at a veritable sportsman mecca, perfect for tournaments and run so well by Jeff and Scott you would think it's a professional outfit. Ranchito Robinson is by far the most scenic and memorable place in Texas to shoot airguns and is the birthplace of new airgun disciplines that are quickly becoming standards. The lanes Ron has carved across small meadows and intertwined in woods are literally the epitome of Field Target’s roots as they double as hunting lanes. Add in the wildflowers blooming in June and meadow grasses and it's a taste of heaven with an airgun. Airguns in Texas also have a unique part of history with their place at The Boerne Shooting Club, est. 1864 - the oldest operating shooting club in the USA. And now with 7 airgun shoots of varying disciplines scheduled each month and growing, Texas airgunners have places to shoot, compete and meet every weekend.

Many people also deserve recognition too. Jeff C and Ron R are the other MD’s in Texas who I consider ‘upper classmen’ and are held in the highest regards. I look up to you guys! Ron R particularly has kept me on target so to speak and keeping it all on the range. Our previous MD, Robert D, took a chance on me and MD’ing but more importantly he made my first experiences with FT fun and encouraging, truly the role of an MD. And Derrick W deserves a standing mention. His contagious enthusiasm helped spur the initial trigger pull of all this, not to mention his natural desire to help other shooters do better in all they do, contributing to what may become a dojo for his airgun black belts.

May God bless Texas and all things airgun.

TexasFieldTarget.com | Deep in heart of Airguns

Thanks for reading and see you on the lanes!
-Shepard M (SqrlHntr)

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS!
Www.TenaciousAirguns.com
Www.PyramydAir.com
Www.pelletgauge.com
Www.SAScubashack.com
Don’t forget the Inaugural Range Day Jul 8th! Be part of history and be the FIRST airgunners to open and shoot 100yd FT at the oldest operating shooting club in the USA! 100yd range was opened just for FT!!! And we got brisket n sweet tea! Booyah!

Last edited:
Sqrlhntr, on 7/15 is the Sub 20 FPE Evening Match held on the Lanes or the BR Range? Thanks
On the 50 this month. Until we get lights for the main walkways and shooting lines for the wooded areas safety reasons But with the 100 yd open is not so bad as it adds elevation variances and a couple of dark semi wooded shots as well. With my hail proof shade tents ( trust me on that!) we can extend that line more and still provide covered shooting. We will start with the 50 this time next month do it on the 100 and then in Sept we will start in the woods. That also gives me time to carve out some more shots and lengthen sone lanes. Also, being hotter than typical, I felt sacrificing some shot variety ( but added winds!) for a more comfortable and relaxed shoot isn’t a bad thing.

Reactions: Loopster