• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Correct placement of moisture separator on the GX-CS2 Pump

Ok,

So, I bit the bullet and bought my first compressor (with 4yr warranty). The fit and finish is exactly what you would expect from the Chinese which is why I'm glad I paid the 40ish bucks for the warranty. I do have a question, in the box was this nifty aluminum moisture separator.. However the instructions make no mention of where it is supposed to go. after much pondering, my brilliant powers of deduction have narrowed the field to two potential candidates. Can anyone confirm proper placement?

Inked619lxMG6YRL._AC_SL1000__L2.1608473143.jpg

I'm assuming it is a centrifugal water separator. Most or them need to be mounted in a particular position so the water can collect in the reservoir.

Where did you purchase it from. The 4 yr. warranty only has value if the company can provide warranty repairs.

I'm also curious if the fan cooling can provide enough cooling. Water conducts heat away a lot quicker than air.

Use it sparingly, it's not made to last, and most of the oil-less water-less compressors need rebuilt after a short 20 hours of run time or so. Good you got the warranty. 

Any filter should be placed in an upright position and changed out at twenty or less minute intervals to keep things somewhat dry. You can set the filter out to dry and reuse it later. 

See that you purge the system of moisture every three to five minutes while it is in use as well.

I wish you luck with your purchase.