Corn thief neutralized

This one has been stealing corn at my club for quite a while. Got him on camera right after a couple of days of rain and managed to track him back to his bedding spot. The .457 carbine did him in as he tried to make an exit. No more corn thieving for this one. He had gotten fat off raiding our feeders. Appears to have been a hybrid of a wild pig and some farm stock somewhere back in his lineage. Some of these hybrids have reached 1000 lbs down here in South Georgia. This one was 287.
KIMG0407.JPG

Love it. I have the same rifle. What slug were you using and how far away? Head or body shot? Pass thru? Mine loves the NSA 350 grain hollowpoint at about 500 foot pounds.
Same. NSA 350 grn boat-tails. Lung shot while moving. No pass-through and no blood. Heard him crash, but didn't find him until the next morning, so no meat off this one. Just glad he's gone.

Excellent hunt, track and shot! Great pic! Hope you enjoy the many fine meals.
Thank you. I'm getting better at following just tracks. It helps when the ground gets wet and softens up. He had a wallow in a palmetto thicket almost as deep as he was. I might not have seen him if I hadn't gotten down on a knee to check what I thought was a track through the pine straw.

Thank you. I'm getting better at following just tracks. It helps when the ground gets wet and softens up. He had a wallow in a palmetto thicket almost as deep as he was. I might not have seen him if I hadn't gotten down on a knee to check what I thought was a track through the pine straw.
You're welcome! You are a wonderful hunter and one brave soul out there hunting on foot with those huge hogzillas! LOL!