Corbin Swaging Press Input

@Ca_Varminter Can you make a Halo styled slug (as seen in post #1 in the link below) with that setup?

Yes... You will need a special top punch the makes the cavity... Those are cheap and can be made up fast by Corbin...
Just explain to them what you want in a large HP cavity....

Great, thank you!
I have the drawings ready, but their staff hasn't responded to my emails for many days, not sure why.
Which brand of SLUGS do you use? How is the accuracy of the second generation Patriot Tag? Which one is better between them and HN?

In addition, I would like to ask you how to solve the slow pressure recovery speed of the first section regulator of FX M3?

Great, thank you!
I have the drawings ready, but their staff hasn't responded to my emails for many days, not sure why.
Which brand of SLUGS do you use? How is the accuracy of the second generation Patriot Tag? Which one is better between them and HN?

In addition, I would like to ask you how to solve the slow pressure recovery speed of the first section regulator of FX M3?
@pcpfxm3 Have you called this company to ask follow-up questions or quesrions specific to their product(s)? They respond to phone calls as well as emails.

As for questions about which slugs that someone uses and the recovery speed of an FX Impact regulator, consider searching for information on those topics in a thread dedicated to and focused upon those particular topics and asking within them. You will likely receive more information from several people in that sort of thread. This thread is focused upon Corbin Swaging Presses.

....This thread is focused upon Corbin ...
Mr ... your source is questionable quality. Not the presses are in question but the sizing adapters are made with hammer and chisel...so far I can see you didn't realize. All online pictures you can possibly find shows how the bushings "fabrications" are finished cows were chewing it up.
This is not meant as offence towards you, but you may want to separate yourself promoting a company attitude like this.

@pcpfxm3 您是否曾致电该公司询问后续问题或针对其产品的问题?他们回复电话和电子邮件。

至于有关某人使用哪些 slugs 以及 FX Impact 调节器的恢复速度的问题,请考虑在专门针对这些特定主题的线程中搜索有关这些主题的信息,并在其中提问。您可能会从此类帖子中的几个人那里收到更多信息。此主题重点介绍 Corbin 模锻压力机。
这家印刷厂工作速度非常慢,回复电子邮件也非常慢。

Mr ... your source is questionable quality. Not the presses are in question but the sizing adapters are made with hammer and chisel...so far I can see you didn't realize. All online pictures you can possibly find shows how the bushings "fabrications" are finished cows were chewing it up.
This is not meant as offence towards you, but you may want to separate yourself promoting a company attitude like this.
@bigHUN The thread was started about and remains to be about input surrounding Corbin Swaging press- be it positive or negative. This not a thread where a person seeking advice about an FX regulator is going to get a plethora of advice or feedback. I’d like to keep the thread focused on the topic at hand. If folks have had negative experiences with the Corbin products being discussed I take no issue with that, experience being the key word. That’s what the thread is for.

I’ve been contemplating acquiring one of these presses. I’m in no rush, but I think I’d like to start with .22 (or perhaps .30) and .357 calibers. I’m considering swaging and pouring my own slugs for practice and hunting. I’d likely like to learn to pour my own cores as well. In the meantime it’s helpful that NSA offers spools of lead now. I’d probably order the press with the expectation of at least a 6 month lead time and then purchase dies and other accessories whenever.

After becoming air independent I like the idea of having control over the size and weight consistency of my projectiles. Considering I’ve been trapping most of my lead for the last couple of years, I’ve got enough to recycle for a while. I’m not too concerned with the cost factor concerning a return on investment. This is more a convenience thing. It’s something to do that I think I may enjoy, another facet of the hobby. I’m thinking long term here.

I’ve been reading about presses, certain types of dies, and watching videos for around a year. I like the popular entry-level Corbin setup. I’ve just gotten to the point where I’m trying to learn the basics of ballistics (and I do mean the basics). Up until now I’ve been content with being able to hit what I aim at within the first two shots.

My questions are: Are there things that I haven’t mentioned that I should consider before purchasing? What are the pros and cons that you have found in producing your own projectiles as a non-competition shooter? For the competitors I think I understand why some of you do this. I don’t shoot nearly as much as many of y’all do. Which components or accessories have you found absolutely necessary to streamline your swaging process? What tips do you have to help others avoid purchasing unecessary things when putting together this sort of setup?
Today's a year since your original post.
Plus a year of "reading about presses, certain types of dies, and watching videos".
Just curious what you've learned/decided.
I already gave my .02

For other's finding this thread, I've found that while it does take a long time for Corbin to get the die sets made to order, they are of good quality and workmanship. I've tried both different press styles, using a Lee press and swage dies made for that as well as the smaller Corbin press. After using both presses I brought a 5/8-24" thread extender adapter to use the other dies in the Corbin. There's more consistent and higher pressure produced by the dedicated Corbin press that produces more consistent slugs. They are well worth the investment.

Last edited: