Airforce Copper rounds

Has any one shot full metal jacket .457 slugs throw their texens or 240 gr copper throw any of their big bores? I am just wonder if they shot better or produce any more fps and fpe?

Copper jackets were added because the base of bullets were melting when pushed past about 1500fps in powderburners. Are you pushing them faster than that with enough pressure to seat the harder jacket into the rifling?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Has any one shot full metal jacket .457 slugs throw their texens or 240 gr copper throw any of their big bores? I am just wonder if they shot better or produce any more fps and fpe?
Everyone says it’s a bad idea but I would rather see some evidence first? Look, that guys app can only tell him so much, we need real word experience and know body has tried it. You should try it!!!

Reactions: Vortecsix
Powder coating is a safe alternative for a barrier between the steel barrel and lead slug...Easy cheap effective...
True but that’s not the main reason for using copper bullets like a solid copper expanding hollow point, the main reason is so you don’t have to use lead, I’ve seen a study that showed small tiny microscopic particles of lead fly up to 8 inches in every direction in the wound cavity depending on the caliber and speed.