Cool tools for the toolbox

i like nice tools, especially little sets that i use all the time .. found this punch set on ebay and its just right for gun pins, drifting fixed sights etc - 24 bucks on ebay, not bad i thought for what you get ... got any other kewl really useful bargains to share?

IMG_20220810_173826.jpg

I should have bought a nice set of metric t handle hex wrenches not sure that is the right name. Bought harbor freights as the set had standard too. More for general garage tool box they are ok but wanted something nicer and…
Not wanting to get a second (better) set went a different way and bought Fix It Sticks ratcheting t handle(recommended but $$) and bought separately different sets of bits for it like metric and standard hex head sets. Works great, not cheap or budget oriented but I like to use them. It is another step to change bits for the different sizes but that has not stopped me from using them. Also the 10in lb torque limit bit for scope rings or even better their multi inch pounds 0-25 I believe it is has been great.

Last edited:
I use a Patch Worm for bore cleaning. It’s a great product but trying to force the pointy end through the flannel patches can be a pain. So in my bag of Patch Worm items I keep a small very sharp scratch all to make a starter hole, but just small enough for the Patch Worm point to start going through so it’s still tight on the patch Worm nylon string.
I also use Ballistol on my patches and so I don’t soak it completely because it’ll run down into places I don’t want it to go I use the pictured disposable droppers to put a tiny drop onto the patch. I got a whole bag of them online somewhere. I’m sure that company that starts with the letter A carries them but being a conservative I bought them elsewhere.

365B7DEC-2876-44E9-AB57-8DB880328618.jpeg

Reactions: HogKiller
Yesterday I was cleaning the garage and found an old never used floor mat for my Civic. My Slovenian heritage made me find another use for it since I have Weathertech floor mats. It looked like a good mat to throw on the shooting bench at the range. So today I tool it with me to the range and am glad I did. Normally I pour 40 or 50 pellets in the lid of the tin and hold the FX magazines in my hand to load them. Today, with the very fine nap I was able to just pour some pellets on to the mat and set the magazine on it to load it. Keeping it with my range kit.
Now I need to find a small rigid tube to store McDonalds coffee stirs in it to keep them from getting kinked or dirty in my range bag. I use them to get my patch worm to exit the muzzle on my FX’s.