• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

cool fox squirrel

I took this fox squirrel at 70 yards with my Dar 22 check out the ears?
IMG_E8735.1609620877.JPG

I live out here on the West Coast and have never seen anything like that, not even in a book or on-line. Is it rare or have I just missed out? 

It’s just crazy looking...It’s giant and the colors are so unusual(to me anyway) with the white and black head with white ears. I just think it’s really cool looking and am surprised I’ve never seen these markings or a squirrel of this size. Where I live in Nor Cal, we just have Gray Squirrels and Digger squirrels, both much smaller and plain as can be.

Great picture. Happy New Year! Stoti

Do you have anymore pictures? I’d love to see a few more since I’ve never seen a squirrel that looks anything like it before. I’ve never even heard of mounting a squirrel before, but why not? It’s beautiful and that’s really all that matters! It would be a conversation piece for years to come! If you don’t mount it, you might regret it down the road. If you do mount it, please post a bunch of pictures when you’re done.

Happy New Year!

Stoti

Squirrels are not native to the Salt Lake Valley floor. We have some on the hills, but haven't had any natives in the valley, ever. However, fox squirrels are making their way into the valley. First sighted about 10 years ago along the Jordan River green belt. They don't seem to compete with the natives living in the hills, and since none were native on the valley floor, no one seems overly concerned. I think it means I may have new targets moving in though.