Convince me

To deer hunt this year with my air rifle. I’m a die hard bow Hunter!! I have picked up a PB since 2011 when I shot my 1st deer with a bow. I really want to shoot a buck with a Dragon Claw but I’m afraid that the adrenaline want be there. That’s why I bow hunt for the adrenaline dump!! It’s up close & personal almost. But I’ve had my Dragon Claw for about 5-6 years now & have never killed anything with it. Convince me to take it this year!! 

118791390_10208162355692705_1643104318394433898_n.1632414889.jpg

Reactions: JimNM
A few years ago I shot a 152” buck with the an arrow out of a verminator extreme. And later I found out that it has to be a string driver propellant. But crossbows are okay were we live during archery season, broadheads are deviating on large game. Also I have lost two hunting buddies from Covid they were both a little older than me around 70+ years of age, and I do miss them. Good luck to you and your hunting buddies 

Frankly, it sounds like you’ve already convinced yourself. You’re not going to extend your distance all that much. And you can decide what that means. Obviously, the biggest advantage is you don’t have to draw. That is a huge advantage.

I still get a rush both bow hunting and PB hunting. In fact I don’t even have to pull the trigger. If I see a decent buck at dusk, and get to put the crosshairs on him, and decide whether to shoot or not, I am absolutely thrilled.

mike

Frankly, it sounds like you’ve already convinced yourself. You’re not going to extend your distance all that much. And you can decide what that means. Obviously, the biggest advantage is you don’t have to draw. That is a huge advantage.

I still get a rush both bow hunting and PB hunting. In fact I don’t even have to pull the trigger. If I see a decent buck at dusk, and get to put the crosshairs on him, and decide whether to shoot or not, I am absolutely thrilled.

mike

I agree. It is the most challenging part of bow hunting with a compound or recurve bow within the reasonable range. 

Let me try my best to convince you:

Instead of putting up your tree stand and waiting for luck to be on your side, you get you a blind and put glass on the horizon. You see a pair of doe working their way through 100 yards out. Ain't no way you'd take that with a bow, or maybe even not a crossbow. The Dragon's on sticks with one in the chamber, you click off the safety and steady your breaths as you try to pick the fat bitch out the bunch. A few minutes later you see that nice 8 point, and he got him some doe fever. You know he's comin in, but the wind switches up on ya, and he get's a whiff, and if you'd have bow in hand, you knew the day was over.

But the Dragon is your friend, and as your reach the bottom of your breath, the trigger squeeze get tighter and you let the .457 fly. You hear something you've never hear in your life before, and that's the thwack of the round as it pierces the hide. The buck runs 20 feet and turns around and looks, while the doe bolt around, but that sound is so new they are still trying to figure it out. The buck beds down and the doe are out to 140. You got two tags so you give it a mil and let another one fly. Click, pop, thwack and you got a hell of a story to tell, all with a descendant of grandpas Red Ryder.