• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Convicted Felon Airgunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep,they wer over 20 years ago but yes I was
if you have only been convicted of a felony one time you can put a request into the court to have your record sealed.ask your judge friend about sealing your record.retain an attorney and have him file the request.in most cases you only will have to pay the attorney to retain him/her...good luck.

Reactions: RAMJET66
if you have only been convicted of a felony one time you can put a request into the court to have your record sealed.ask your judge friend about sealing your record.retain an attorney and have him file the request.in most cases you only will have to pay the attorney to retain him/her...good luck.
Wow! Good info thanks

My first suggestion is that potential members should check the laws pertaining to their jurisdiction. Here in IL, I don't think convicted felons are allowed to even have airguns. I don't work in justice or law enforcement, so that would need to be verified. IL has some fairly strict gun laws. If you read the FOID act literally, I think shooting a spit wad from a straw classifies as a firearm (air powered, over .18 caliber).
I hav the rite to vote and they did a background check
The way I see it, if you served your time (and you did in more ways then one) and proved to at least your P.O. and he/she confirms you are not a threat to anyone you should have your rights fully restored (sadly not the reality of the world we live in). Why call it time served when in fact one pays for a certain mistake for the rest of their life in a country that promotes it's self as being free. Sorry but the word play/political bs pisses me off. Rich politicians (I won't mention a certain presidents son's name) can commit a felony and not one charge is filed and the money keeps flowing in. It's just laws that mess with a person's right to self protection/2A really really rubs me the wrong way. God bless and yea start a veterans and family club and with some of the profits fund gun rights groups like G.O.A and such and start a petition (won't change things in our life time but hopefully for our grand kids).

Reactions: dominick16
Hey All, I’m a convicted felon and a productive member of society,a veteran Marine, anyway I’m sick an tired of getting denied by gun ranges that hav airgun ranges there also, so I’m thinking about starting a Convicted felon airgunner club , I know there’s a lot of us out there and I’m sick an tired of mister joe citizen getting all nervous when we appear , he’ll wer the ones always on the front lines when the sh#t hits the fan . Any suggestions? Yours truly Dom aka Tack1%er 4847169016
I didn't read through everything in this thread but just wanted to mention what my attorney told a good friend of mine one time years ago. Told my friend that there is an automatic restoration of gun rights after 10 years. That no, you will not pass the NICS background test, but that it's perfectly legal to own a firearm and purchase a firearm from a private seller. You may want to contact an attorney to find out exactly what your rights actually are. Because you may have more than you think, depending on how old your felony is. Either way, keep your head up and realize that nobody gets through life without making a few mistakes.

Yep,they wer over 20 years ago but yes I was
Well hell I was thinking you were fresh out or at least nearly. Have you ever looked into getting your record expunged? I suppose it may depend strongly on what caused you to be banned in the first place as well as the State you are in. As long as you don't have anything violent you may have a chance to do so.

Are felons allowed to be on a range where Firearms are available?
I know felons are not allowed in cars where a Firearm are available.
I have CCP and my felon cousin can't be in the car if a gun is.
Which means I can't carry then.
Most likely but know your local laws or where you intend on traveling.

Last edited:
I didn't read through everything in this thread but just wanted to mention what my attorney told a good friend of mine one time years ago. Told my friend that there is an automatic restoration of gun rights after 10 years.
Link to article:

The 10 year gun rights restoration appears to be true but only under certain conditions. Talk to an attorney or two on this one. Legal advise from air gun yahoos may not be the prudent path..

Link to article:

The 10 year gun rights restoration appears to be true but only under certain conditions. Talk to an attorney or two on this one. Legal advise from air gun yahoos may not be the prudent path..
No one is trying to be an "air gun yahoo." Just trying to bring information to the surface for him to explore. That's why I advised him to speak to an attorney about 👍

Are felons allowed to be on a range where Firearms are available?
I know felons are not allowed in cars where a Firearm are available.
I have CCP and my felon cousin can't be in the car if a gun is.
Which means I can't carry then.
That's not how the law views possession. If it is on your person, completely in your possession.. then your cousin is fine. A center console safe is a alternative to having to keep it holstered on your person in your cousins company.

You can't have it in the glove box, center console, or just sitting out. Then it is not is your possession and accessible by him, and that can be construed as possession.

So it is entirely possible, if the authorities really wanted you... They could construe being at a gun range as possession, as many guys have their stuff sitting on a table and not directly in their possession. Though I highly doubt you would have a issue unless you were bringing undue attention to yourself.

The entire idea of what is considered possession is even more absurd than your 2nd amendment being infringed on for your entire life due to one or two mistakes in your life. The entire 1968 Gun control act is unconstitutional on its face. In order to truly legally ban anyone from a firearm, a amendment to the 2A would have to be passed. Only reason a unconstitutional law continues to be enforced is judges allowing it to be enforced. As with any "law".

Last edited:
Reactions: BurntDog
Hey All, I’m a convicted felon and a productive member of society,a veteran Marine, anyway I’m sick an tired of getting denied by gun ranges that hav airgun ranges there also, so I’m thinking about starting a Convicted felon airgunner club , I know there’s a lot of us out there and I’m sick an tired of mister joe citizen getting all nervous when we appear , he’ll wer the ones always on the front lines when the sh#t hits the fan . Any suggestions? Yours truly Dom aka Tack1%er 4847169016
"Hey All, I’m a convicted felon and a productive member of society,a veteran Marine"
First and foremost, thank you to all that served in the Armed Forces. It means a great deal. Anyone that's repaid their debt to society, should be able to move on with their life.

"I’m sick an tired of getting denied by gun ranges that hav airgun ranges there also"
The only thing I can think of to cure this is; buy a few aces in the county and make that your range.
Land is pretty cheap. You can get land for like 2500 per acre.
Then you don't have to deal with stupid people.

"I’m sick an tired of mister joe citizen getting all nervous when we appear"
You cannot blame someone of being intimidated and scared of someone that's classified as a felon.

"he’ll wer the ones always on the front lines when the sh#t hits the fan"
I'm not sure what you mean by this statement and how this is relevant in being able to go to a range.

GB
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.