• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Converting Co2-Revolver to PCP

The barrel on the left has a carbon fibre shroud on it , it fits snugly and the moderator acts as a barrel tensioner due to the carbon fibre.
I have done the same to the 177 also . The cheek riser came from... heck I cant find the link S somethingI think
As to getting the moderator off you MUST use heat gun or hairdryer cause they used red loctite on them, best to clamp the barrel in a vise to assist in removal use a gloved hand.
You might want to look at your orings on outside of breach and also your breach oring inside the barrel as at 1800 on my .22 I get 780 - 810 fps
I did not use a Froggy's spring in the 177 as I had already put in a 10mm spacer to give more tension the 22 spring I had was from a beeman that fit in the Chaser and was a bit stronger. I have 2200 psi reg I'm going to try in the 22 next time its mt

Last edited:
Nice work on those. Tell me a bit about the barrel on the one on the left. I'd like to change my silencer on mine away from the factory installed one that's on the barrel but I don't know how to get it off.

Also, where did you find the cheek riser?

Froggy's is the place for the drop blocks. You can find him on etsy and ebay too.

Froggy's also sells a heavier hammer spring. I tried it an found it pretty stiff but I have also done another spring tensioning mod to mine so maybe it was overkill. I IM'd him through the froggysairguns.com chat and he got right back to me with some tank and valve suggestions.

I got my bottle .45l bottle and 1800 PSI valve from amazon. If I buy another bottle I will get a slightly smaller one. It works great on the bipod and gets 100+ shots, its just a bit heavy up front off hand.

The gun specs say it shoots 500fps out of the box with Co2. I don't know if I ever achieved that speed. If I did, it was with Barracuda Greens.

I just took some shots with the chrono and here's what I came up with... one magazine with each of these 2 pellets:

JSB 18.13 - 670fps - 18.1 ft lbs -
JSB 15.89 - 704fps - 17.5 ft lbs -

Not mind blowing but still decent pesting power for the investment.

It's still too cold to set up targets to show the accuracy but it's fine for my needs so far.
The thread on the Diana Chaser/Bandit.Stormride barrels is M10x1 I think.
I printed this M10 to 1/2-20 adapter and put on my barrels: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4305529
I used 3D printed silencers with the adapter, and the adapter works well.

Go to Froggy's site on ETSY for the drop block, Aliexpress for the bottle and reg and Carm for good magazines
I like the carbon-barrel and the cheek riser, really suits the look of the chaser (y) You ever thought of a 3d printed barrel band, just to suppor the weight of the bottle?

JSB 18.13 - 670fps - 18.1 ft lbs -
JSB 15.89 - 704fps - 17.5 ft lbs -
Not bad at all! The question is: How much power are you looking for and on what distance you want to shoot? And getting 100 shots also sounds pretty decent.

I btw recently converted the Umarex P08 Luger Blowback into using the hpa tank. Works, even though I am not getting any chrony speeds, because my rather cheap chrony doesn't registrate the BBs flying through... Anyway, it just shoots as horrible as on co2. Still makes fun, because it's a rather unusual way a gun works ;)

20240112_191751.jpg

That's a cool looking pistol. I kinda looks like the "Noisy Cricket" from Men in Black.

The barrel band is a decent idea but the tank is actually pretty stable. It's probably more stable than the barrel so I plan to keep the 2 separated so I am pulling the barrel in the wrong direction.

The velocities for those two pellets is pretty good but now that I know someone else is doing better my level of satisfaction changed! I am going to replace the o-rings and experiment with the hammer weight a little to see of I can get a little more out of it.

My Chaser is used primarily for backyard bunny control and general pellet therapy so those numbers suit my needs for now.

Reactions: Jarnold
Go to Froggy's site on ETSY for the drop block, Aliexpress for the bottle and reg and Carm for good magazines

View attachment 425521
Good looking air guns.
I have a 177 Chaser too, but the drop block is about $70, which is a little too much.

I was wondering if it's possible to convert the Chaser to HPA by other means.
For instance using dummy CO2 cartridge, and drilling the Chaser air tube to add a Foster nipple.

Good looking air guns.
I have a 177 Chaser too, but the drop block is about $70, which is a little too much.

For instance using dummy CO2 cartridge, and drilling the Chaser air tube to add a Foster nipple.
If I would do it, I would take the measurements first, to Check if the cylinder and the foster Adapter fit in. If they are not too long it shouldnt be a big Problem.

Good looking air guns.

Froggy's does have a Saf-pak that goes into the block of the chaser and fills to 2400 psi but only gives a dozen shots or so but at a much higher velocity I have one that I'm not using...

Reactions: Jarnold
Froggy's does have a Saf-pak that goes into the block of the chaser and fills to 2400 psi but only gives a dozen shots or so but at a much higher velocity I have one that I'm not using...
I know modding tuning and tinkering is a lot of fun, but if I was looking for that amount of pressure I would simply go with the Diana Stormrider (unregulated Gen 1) - filled up to 2900 PSI it shoots on 1000fps+. Since the regulated Gen2 is out, the Gen1s are quite cheap. Same for the Diana Bandit (also fits in the Chaser stock with minor adjustements) - and simply use the long barrel of the chaser. A baser. Or a chandit ;)

It looks like you want to exceed your Benjamin Marauder .22 in terms of power :LOL: