N/A Contemplating A New Big Bore For Hunting

So I spoke with @Airgun-Revisions (Rich owner of Airgun Revisions) and @bthurman (Brian, owner of Veradium Air) this week. Don’t just visit the website, call him I’m usually surprised by something that we discuss when we speak that isn’t on the site. To check out their site, here’s a link Veradium Air. It was a pleasure speaking with both of them. They both took time to answer questions and just talk about their work and plans and listen to me blab. I forsee some exciting things on the horizon. As of now I think I’ll sticking with the .357 caliber concerning new guns. Hopefully I make enough time to post some meaningful findings and experiences that y’all may also enjoy.

Rich shared some things with me that are in the works. Most of which I’d seen or heard leaked or released previously, but exciting nonetheless. One was the M600 Benjamin Airbow. I’d heard of it, but explained to him that I like versatility of being able to shoot air bolts, pellets, and slugs from the Bulldog platform. I can say this, he had the most positive attitude and response of all folks affiliated with the brand that I’ve spoken with about it. I didn’t tell him that, but Rich I thank you for your encouragement in that regard.

When I spoke with Brian, told me about the development of a new iteration of the Bulldog called the “Brahma” as well as some of his other work developments. I won’t go into too much detail here, but he’s gotten me excited all over again. We discussed some other things and the plan is to sit down at the range together, sling some lead, talk, and possibly hunt - hopefully before the year is out.

I still may break out the .457 Texan at some point, but I honestly have very little motivation to do so.

Last edited:
Not sure what's taking so long for a bulldog 257, you can pretty much take the old 357, change barrel and probe, change center of magazine and have 5 shot per mag 257 with pretty decent power. If the transfer port is too big, change the plastic spacer for a smaller hole. Doesn't seem like you need to go crazy on the redesign when going to smaller caliber. Could probably do the same on the magnum or 457 chassis.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Not sure what's taking so long for a bulldog 257, you can pretty much take the old 357, change barrel and probe, change center of magazine and have 5 shot per mag 257 with pretty decent power. If the transfer port is too big, change the plastic spacer for a smaller hole. Doesn't seem like you need to go crazy on the redesign when going to smaller caliber. Could probably do the same on the magnum or 457 chassis.
I don’t know, maybe something you can ask someone in the know. Also try to think beyond the design aspect. There’s also the business end like logistics and a host of other aspects from production to distribution. Things happen.

I get it... These pics are of me with the Bushbuck carbine and a coyote I shot a lasered 139yards and the target is from my AF Texan Carbine CF .457. It will do this at 100 yards everyday and I have had zero issues.
But it sounds like what your lacking is experience. Find some folks in your area that shoot big bore. Go hang out with them and get familiar first hand.I wish you well in your quest. If you get over to AZ look me up and we will go shooting. I love big bore PCP
Oh and some 72cal Zeus food
And a pic of my Texan
View attachment 378131View attachment 378132View attachment 378133View attachment 378134
Who made that butt stock looks nice

I get it... These pics are of me with the Bushbuck carbine and a coyote I shot a lasered 139yards and the target is from my AF Texan Carbine CF .457. It will do this at 100 yards everyday and I have had zero issues.
But it sounds like what your lacking is experience. Find some folks in your area that shoot big bore. Go hang out with them and get familiar first hand.I wish you well in your quest. If you get over to AZ look me up and we will go shooting. I love big bore PCP
Oh and some 72cal Zeus food
And a pic of my Texan
View attachment 378131View attachment 378132View attachment 378133View attachment 378134
Not into all black but shes nice! Loving the ride as well Sir ! Happy shooting

@pnwairgunner I’ve got one that I’ve had for probably about a year and still haven’t shot it. I’m kinda turned off by these guns from many threads that I’ve read about them. I’m in no rush. It may turn out ok, but I want something else. That Rattler has me curious, although it appear to have power limitations. I really want a Slayer .452, but the wait times for several people have been insane. At least now I understand why.
By all means shoot it. I hate the looks of the airforce guns, (not while I’m eating)🤢 but I recently met up with someone to buy a bushbuck and ended up buying a texan ss 457 also without meaning to.😬 I brought the gun home and shot it and boy do I like how it shoots. It’s a keeper.
Ive owned the aea bullpups but couldn’t really like them. (Still have one) I can’t make myself like them. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they sound like an old metal screen door slamming when they shoot. However the texan and bushbuck have a completely different vibe to them. Much more consistent accuracy too.

I’m getting that big bore itch again. I’ve been eyeing:

1) Western Bushpig, but the lack of manometer is kinda disappointing. I do like the added safety and carbine length which facilitates shooting air bolts.
2) AAA Slayer .452 (even the .357) but these things just aren’t being made. Who knows when they will be produced again or what the wait time will be?
3) Hatsan Piledriver, .457 but I already have a Texan. I can’t see it doing much more than the Texan. I’m not sold on the build quality of them. The brand appears to have QC issues.
4) Benjamin Bulldog .457 is the least attractive of the bunch. It’s not pushing moderate weight slugs fast enough for my taste. Because I like the platform I still may grab one at some point.

I’m kinda kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing a Badger .40 when another member offered to sell his a while back. I just didn’t have any information on them. I’d actually never heard of them. Also the caliber was odd to me so I was concerned about obtaining ammo. Ultimately I’d like something rugged, built to last, that packs a punch, and is relatively easy to maintain without odd or fragile parts.

Last edited: