Contacted Sig Sauer CS Re: ASP20

Hopefully someone steps up with aftermarket upgrades for this gun. Hoping to see and adjustable gas ram and a trigger. High quality breakbarrel made in USA? The only thing keeping me from it is the lack of parts and support.

If I have a good rifle the last thing I would do is send it back to the factory. It’s gonna be a DIY or sent to a pro. I promise you I will take better care of my guns than a factory employee.

If they knew what made air gunners tic they’d provide parts and support after the sale, aside from the warranty. Air gunners typically fall into one of three groups IMO- a. You like to DIY and like tune kits or highly modular rifles, etc. b. You HAVE to get your guns tuned by a pro. c. You like to DIY and you also like to have some guns tuned by a pro. There are a handful of guys that like to leave their guns alone, or maybe have some guns they don’t think they can improve upon.

SIG if you are reading, remember that your ASP 20 competed against Weihrauch and Diana in the same price range, and these guns are not only more refined than the ASP 20, but they have parts and support! Made in USA only takes you so far. Give us parts and support after the sale! Warranties suck and you prove my point!

If they knew what made air gunners tic they’d provide parts and support after the sale, aside from the warranty. Air gunners typically fall into one of three groups IMO- a. You like to DIY and like tune kits or highly modular rifles, etc. b. You HAVE to get your guns tuned by a pro. c. You like to DIY and you also like to have some guns tuned by a pro. There are a handful of guys that like to leave their guns alone, or maybe have some guns they don’t think they can improve upon.

SIG if you are reading, remember that your ASP 20 competed against Weihrauch and Diana in the same price range, and these guns are not only more refined than the ASP 20, but they have parts and support! Made in USA only takes you so far. Give us parts and support after the sale! Warranties suck and you prove my point!

Ignorance is bliss. To say that the Diana's and Weiharauch are more refined than the magnum ASP20 says that you have no clue of what went into the engineering of the ASP20 and obviously don't own one. 

I didn’t buy one because of the trigger. I’ve never held one, let alone shot one but the trigger was advertised at 3 pounds. Weihrauch and Diana triggers can be adjusted down to one pound. Maybe the asp trigger is better than that I don’t know. The low cocking effort and gas ram combined with the power it produces make it very interesting. The gun has a lot going for it but I think it’s trigger is not quite refined enough for the money. The parts availability definitely affects sales also especially at that price point. 

I didn’t buy one because of the trigger. I’ve never held one, let alone shot one but the trigger was advertised at 3 pounds. Weihrauch and Diana triggers can be adjusted down to one pound. Maybe the asp trigger is better than that I don’t know. The low cocking effort and gas ram combined with the power it produces make it very interesting. The gun has a lot going for it but I think it’s trigger is not quite refined enough for the money. The parts availability definitely affects sales also especially at that price point.

The trigger is not bad. It's not fantastic, but it's at least very good.

Mine now breakes at 2lbs 4oz., but it somehow "feels" lighter than that. You hit the wall at second stage, and in my example there is no creep at all. Extremely predictable and clean making grouping easy for me. I know of at least one other person who has or had some creep, but mine is a very good trigger.

Been following this post to see what is being said about the ASP20. Can't locate my receipt but I pre ordered it from PA before they were being shipped. Seems to that I paid about $343 because they had a 20% off for pre-order. I have been very satisfied with mine but I do very little work on any of mine. Accuracy has been , in my opinion, excellent. Don't shoot if much but am not shooting as much as I used too anyway. Best pellet for me is the AA 16 gr.

Below is a copy of a post I made in Jan. 2019.

My trigger on my Sig Sauer ASP20 is like this. 1st stage, pretty long, which is fine with me, because it "hits" a definite wall/stop at the second stage. 2nd stage is very good/crisp and very little pull. I am using a Wheeler manual trigger pull gauge to check the trigger. As best as I can tell, it is about 1 ½ # to the second stage. And then it shows a little over 2# when it fires. If I pull it straight through it shows about 1# 9oz. My question is:

Is there a way to measure the second stage? I have tried resetting the gauge put to get the 2nd stage to fire it has to get the 1st stage done. It seems to me that the 2nd stage is only about 6-8 oz. from the 1st stage because it is light. Not complaining at all because it is serving me well but any thoughts?

Don

Is there a way to contact sig ? Do they have an email address other than the form on their webpage?

Call them by phone. The form is the only way to contact via email.

By phone has been arduous to say the least. I have firearms from them and have been on hold for an ETERNITY....

Me too Glen. I usually get through to them easily enough with medium wait periods 

Is there a way to contact sig ? Do they have an email address other than the form on their webpage?

By phone has been arduous to say the least. I have firearms from them and have been on hold for an ETERNITY....

Me too Glen. I usually get through to them easily enough with medium wait periods

Sent them an email through the form. Still waiting for a reply.

I sent them an email, waited for days, they responded to call them.....

Lack of support from SIG is the reason they didn't sell well ?

Thats not true ! If they didn't sell well then why can't you find them anywhere? Also, regarding the Sig ASP20 I use to own I always had good customer service. Sig Sauer is a firearm manufacturer and that's their bread and butter. They just wanted the equipment back that was tooled to make the airgun.

It may take a week.