Considering the FX Wildcat mk3 BT Compact .25

ohiochuck,

I've 6 backyard-friendly PCPs, a .22, four .25s and a .30. A .25 and .22 are Taipan Veterans, quiet from the factory. My Uragan .25 needed a $110 AGT moderator from AOA and my FX M3 .25 and MK3 Wildcat Snipers came with moderators marked, "FX Airguns by DonnyFL." Loudest of the group is my Gen One Umarex Gauntlet .25. Other than the Gauntlet, loudest sound is pellet hitting wooden target backstop. WM

I have owned many wildcats and impacts. Worked on them, learned them and they are truly fantastic rifles. Mavericks never seemed to really take off because of the M3 introduction but the dual reg system is very good. Reg creep is always a problem for people shooting slugs because of the higher pressures. I think putting a wildcat stock on a maverick was a very good business decision for FX. They are going to sell like crazy, why? Because it's the perfect marriage for what we all mostly do, and that is not bench shooting. Best part of a maverick is you don't have to do a lot of upgrading. Just set regs, tune the hammer and enjoy. A mistake one might make is getting a barrel length that is too short for what they want to do as for as weight and speed of the projectile, but that's it. Just have real expectation for the compact and you will be very happy.

Pretty much any of the DonnyFL mods will do. Similarly the 0dB mods are fine. Frankly, even the “empty tube” FX moderators do a fine job. Right now I have a 0dB mod on my Wildcat MK3 BT VP. It was actually OK even inside without any moderator.

Chris
0B1C7074-5304-4AFE-9F01-713465B41761.1649372346.jpeg