• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Considering starting a N50 shoot in Marion, OH. Any interest?

I’m considering starting a N50 shoot in Marion, OH. Just putting a feeler out there to see if there is any interested shooters in the area? In order for our club to start a N50 shoot there has to be enough shooters participating in order to close the range down to other activities.

We are centrally located. Our club is an hour north of Columbus, an hour west of Mansfield, an hour fifteen south of Toledo and 30 minutes east of Baker Airguns.

Last edited:
Currently in Ohio 3 active airgun clubs are currently doing outdoor bench rest matches. Central Ohio Airgunners...Fairfield Sportsman Association and Wyandot Airgunners. 2 of these clubs are in Central Ohio with Fairfield just north of Cincinnati.ALL 3 of these clubs have a Facebook group and can find information about their scheduled activities. I'm sure these are the clubs you want to coordinate with for outdoor BR matches in Ohio. Sherwood Airgunners in Steubenville has indoor BR matches...25yds in the winter months.
Sincerely
KeithWalters

Reactions: Loufish
Hi Mike and Keith,
As far as I know there are no sanctioned N50 shoots currently in Ohio. I am 20 minutes south of the Wyandot Airgunners club. We have 10 covered concrete benches at our club with a 400Y rifle range. There isn’t much interest or airgunners at our club so I was hoping to find some interested shooters from Ohio. I could easily schedule a match but it has to be profitable enough for our club to close the range down for an event.

host maybe a challenge ?
Air V.S. Powder starter event could draw in more people , i know i have a hard time shooting when i shoot air at my range , so many questions and can i try it ? what ever you do ADVERTISE as much and as long b4 the match as you can
And profit is not the immediate goal , the first goal for the club is people joining the club , more member's more money. possibly a one time reduced member price on the day of the event ? My club did this and got 6 new members that never thought of our club b4

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like we are in the same boat as our club is in the same financial straights too. We have a few hundred members but only about 10-15 active workers and with different shooting interests.
10 or 15 workers is the same for any club no matter what hobby it is . ask me how i know😒

Reactions: OldSpook
Hey Kensanto, You have a fine rifle. You should join us on the 30Y challenge thread.

host maybe a challenge ?
Air V.S. Powder starter event could draw in more people , i know i have a hard time shooting when i shoot air at my range , so many questions and can i try it ? what ever you do ADVERTISE as much and as long b4 the match as you can
And profit is not the immediate goal , the first goal for the club is people joining the club , more member's more money. possibly a one time reduced member price on the day of the event ? My club did this and got 6 new members that never thought of our club b4
Thanks for the great suggestions above.

I am down for the trip if you set something up.

There are several shooters from Cincinnati who do not frequent AGN, and I can pass word to them as well.
A challenge shoot will bring out some of the top shooters, who will not want to miss a chance to show off the hardware..
Put on a 100yd showdown and you may be surprised how many airgunners show up.

I’m one of the guys that runs the 100 yard Benchrest matches in Cincinnati. I’m interested in the N50 events and I’ve thought about trying to join and hold some. But our clubs 100 yard range won’t work for 50 yard events and our 50 yard range is set up with long tables for pistol shooting rather than benches so that one is out too. I enjoy all types of Airgun shooting and I would drive to Marion if you hold an N50 event. As far as profitability goes, if you get 10 shooters and you charge $15 for the event, you bring in $150. Your target costs would be about $20 and you would owe $30 to N50. So your club would profit $100. Is that better than what you usually bring in on a Saturday? Probably so since members have already paid a membership fee to use the range and there is no additional revenue. Your only risk is if you lose members because they aren’t allowed to use the range a couple times a year when you hold N50 matches. Shouldn't be an issue since allowing these events helps the club survive.