• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Considering new 25 pcp

Annie is my lover. I shoot her @ 100 and out. I have posted many pics of her shooting abilities. However, do to Diabetes and my insulin shakes and dimming eyesight, I have decided to go to simpler gun. the constant tuning , just like a race car and a track, was great, I need to settle back into the arm chair a little.

If anyone is interested in purchase and particulars. PM!!! She is USED!. I have had her from one side of the country to the other. but, she is a shooter. back from FX rebuild 1 month ago , +- a few days.

I spent a few hours w/ Matt @ RL airguns and like the cricket. looked @ Vulcan also. Matt suggested Cricket would be a better fit for my needs. I am not 100% yet! 

That's why I am asking!!! open to all opinions and suggestions.

Cricket is a fine gun, in any caliber. As in the mutant / veteran. Hammer spring is usually to only adjustment ever needed to accomplish reasonable changes in velocity. It's the rear cocking lever that I'm moving away from. Just something to think about.

No experience with the newer EDguns but the rear bolt on the previous models has gotten old for me. The Vulcan is definitely a contender though, I just don't like the mag, would prefer to single load or load to an exposed mag every shot or 2.

Contrary to your preference, , I've moved toward the wildcat..... more tuning but easier for me to shoot the way I like.

In 25 cal I own a Cricekt bullpup synthetic, Daystate Airwolf and Marauder. The Cricket rpovides about 55 ft lbs whereas the other two only provide about 42 ft lbs. The Criket shoots 25 gr JSB at almost 1000 fps and the 34 gr at ca 860 fps. The Airwolf and Marauder shoot the 25 gr at 860 fps. I ibatin 60 shots from the Cricekt with a230 BAR fill. 

The Cricket has gone quiet for the last few years...

Other than the Colibri or the last small bullpup they were working on ... Kalibrgun has not been mentioned a whole lot.

My .25 Cricket in wood skeleton stock is still to this day, one of favorite rifles.

Accurate and powerful but I did find that CZ barrel needed to be cleaned every few hundred rounds...... thinking about installing a FX STX barrel??!! thoughts? 

The trigger and lack of safety were the only two small faults for me.

1537576761_19034133715ba58f390c7568.02761244_77CCF379-177C-44F5-8E3A-3BE87974BD0F.jpeg

Keyman you won’t regret having a Cricket as part of your arsenal, mine was one of the first ones here in the US, it has been super reliable, they are easy to work on for tune ups and regular maintenance, 

i also recommend the new Edguns, they come with a forward cocking lever and they are multi shot,they are built like a tank, Taipans are amazing, specially in the accuracy department, you’ll be super happy which ever you choose.