Considering Edgun Leshiy 2, what other guns should I look at?

Not too many semi-auto competitors out there in my opinion. I went through this two months ago. The LCS-19 is simply too big/long compared to the Leshiy 2. I narrowed it down to the following:

(1) Leshiy 2

(2) Steyr Pro-X

(3) Huben K1

I ended up getting the Leshiy 2, then a Steyr Pro-X showed up in the classified and I bit, so now I have those two. They are very different. The Leshiy 2 is much more powerful (I did go with the 350mm barrel). I prefer the Steyr magazine system (10 rounds versus 8, don’t need to unfold the gun to reload) but it costs a lot more and is certainly not “modular” in the way that the L2 is. The Steyr is a quality piece of equipment, and I like it more the more I shoot it. It has a better trigger than the L2, yet somehow I don’t actually shoot it any better.. By the way, they are both loud. Both desperately need external suppression.

If I had to pick only one to keep it would probably be the Leshiy 2, especially since I can change calibers, adjust the power, etc., whereas the Steyr is what it is. And, in truth, I love almost everything (except the paltry 8 round, break open mag loading system) about the L@. It just feels great when you shoot it.

I’ll probably get a Huben one of these days as long as my airgun obsession and finances remain copacetic 

Chris

Reactions: Wannab12
I'm considering Edgun Leshiy 2 in .22. It's a significant purchase for me so I want to be sure before I pull the trigger.

The Leshiy 2 trigger is something else so my catch 22 advice would be you try to pull the trigger before you pull the trigger

You know, that was what I thought too. I remember that the trigger is really different. My feeling of it was how I could feel the valve release mid-struck but only open just a bit before pulling through. Not having a bunch of experience with airguns, it was a strange sensation for sure. From long range rifle work, this hurts accuracy, but so far, I am liking the accuracy on my Leshiy 2 for sure. It is simply impressive. 

To the OP, stop worrying and just get the Leshiy 2. This is my first airgun and I am thoroughly impressed. My 10 year old son also loves shooting it and I suspect it will be a great tool for his learning of the rifle arts. 

What sort of pests will you be going after? If you’re after anything raccoon sized I'd recommend at least a 25 cal in 250mm config. 
I’ve got two L2’s, 25 cal 250mm and 30 cal 350mm. Also a separate 22 cal 350mm barrel kit. 
You won’t regret getting the L2. 
B5DEB6FA-3418-41BB-AEB1-A932AFE7AF22.1629030689.jpeg

Reactions: Jspach
how long have you been deciding? it took me years to decide, with different rifles in my cart and abandoned over that time..

to me, the flexibility of the leshiy 2 stood out. compact fun gun or serious hunting rig...

being able to send double-taps or more is a bonus, but eats into your ammo supply.

i heard the taipan veteran is a great one too.

Lots of people saying, just get the L2, and to be honest, I agree with them. I went round and round trying to decide, then just pulled the trigger and I’m really happy I did. Beware though, its easy to get sucked in and spend a lot of money. I got the .25 350mm barrel and am really happy I did. The noise is quite a bit higher with the 250mm barrel, and the power is a fair bit lower. The 350mm is a great in-between compromise. I did get the Valkyrie Akula Mod 40 combo to quiet her down though….. The bottle also helps with shot count.

2909901F-0BB1-43E3-9232-74A7B55FAAE2.1629045615.jpeg

Lots of people saying, just get the L2, and to be honest, I agree with them. I went round and round trying to decide, then just pulled the trigger and I’m really happy I did. Beware though, its easy to get sucked in and spend a lot of money. I got the .25 350mm barrel and am really happy I did. The noise is quite a bit higher with the 250mm barrel, and the power is a fair bit lower. The 350mm is a great in-between compromise. I did get the Valkyrie Akula Mod 40 combo to quiet her down though….. The bottle also helps with shot count.

2909901F-0BB1-43E3-9232-74A7B55FAAE2.1629045615.jpeg

ChrisS, what is the folded length with that barrel and moderator combo? Just the rifle folded. Not worried about any scope overhang, if any.

Just get the Leshiy 2 and be done with it. I started selling off what I have in inventory before I even received the .25 350mm . The rest is going to go up for sale one or two at a time . I have no need for just about any other gun. This one does it all. Once I install the REPR regulator , mild to wild in just a simple turn or two of the adjuster. 

I'm considering Edgun Leshiy 2 in .22. It's a significant purchase for me so I want to be sure before I pull the trigger.

The Leshiy 2 trigger is something else so my catch 22 advice would be you try to pull the trigger before you pull the trigger

You know, that was what I thought too. I remember that the trigger is really different. My feeling of it was how I could feel the valve release mid-struck but only open just a bit before pulling through. Not having a bunch of experience with airguns, it was a strange sensation for sure. From long range rifle work, this hurts accuracy, but so far, I am liking the accuracy on my Leshiy 2 for sure. It is simply impressive. 

To the OP, stop worrying and just get the Leshiy 2. This is my first airgun and I am thoroughly impressed. My 10 year old son also loves shooting it and I suspect it will be a great tool for his learning of the rifle arts.

i was also concerned, hearing some early stories from people that didn't like it, and i am used to a 2-stage geissele trigger on my precision rifle, but although it is "different", i did not have trouble with double-taps or 8-taps. this is my 2nd attempt from a bipod and rear bag, prone. now if i could just do this standing with a sling, lol.

if you slow it down to 1/2 speed, you can see all 8 shots.this is only @ 10 yards, from my home office to the laundry area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od8kOn29J1c

my leshiy 2 350mm with the mod40 full stack is a little less than 23" folded. hope that helps.

Yes, thank you.

Is it feasible to pack it with the Mod40 unscrewed and then attach in the field? How long would it be in that case?

sure, it takes seconds to unscrew or put back on.

I meant how long is the rifle folded with the mod removed?

Honestly this is the primary reason I'm interested in one. My boys are 12 & 13.

my leshiy 2 350mm with the mod40 full stack is a little less than 23" folded. hope that helps.

Yes, thank you.

Is it feasible to pack it with the Mod40 unscrewed and then attach in the field? How long would it be in that case?

sure, it takes seconds to unscrew or put back on.

I meant how long is the rifle folded with the mod removed?

well, i have a longer 11" cf hand guard, so removing the mod40 only shaves off 3.5 inches, but if you have a short handguard like the one above, it is about 14" from breech to crown with a 350mm barrel.