• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Considering designing an Arduino based compressor controller

I was just wondering how much interest there is in this project. I'm not an ee or programmer so this project is going to take me a while.

Basically what I want to do is make a Shoebox compressor controller based on the Arduino prototyping platform. Since I don't have a Shoebox compressor yet I'll be using my shop compressor as a test bed. Some of the features I'm looking at including is adjustable pressure up to 4500psi, temperature monitoring with automatic off on for over temp conditions, hour meter and digital lcd display.

I also want to make it easy to hook up without any modification to the compressor so it could be conceivably hooked up to any 4500 psi (or greater) compressor.

So far I figure $200 could cover the final build, I want to keep it cheap and easy to build since I'm poor. The hardest part for me is going to be the programming, the electronics are pretty easy.