Considering a pard nv007s

It will work on a 4-16 scope, the makers just advise to leave it at 4 and use the magnification on the PARD itself. I would say a 5-25 would be ok too, but maybe a 6-24 might be too much. Never tired that so I can't confirm. Qball is right, lower the mag such as 3 or lower will give you better FOV. But often not all that noticeable from 3 to 4. I have many friends using the 007 version with 4-16 or 4-14 scopes and they have zero complaints, other than their eye relief is pretty tight. So the S version is better for that. I am ordering one from Krale and going to put in on all my scopes from 2.5 to 6 and I know it will all work, just sacrifice some FOV. But I have an intended purpose of shooting 30-50 yards at night with it mostly. The occasional 100 yard shot with a 4-20 for larger game, it will not be a problem. 

I have recently purchased the Pard007S. I will be releasing a video this Friday showing PP700SA + Immersive Optic 5x30 + Pard007S. Plus some footage with the Impact/Helix setup.

I got this 007S so I can mounted it on my Impact MK2 with the 6-24x50mm Helix scope for coyote shooting.

As qball mentioned the Pard007S has a 1.5x zoom build in, so the FOV is very tight if your zoom is higher than 3X. As you will see in the video with the PP700SA setup, the FOV was really tight. But it was okay as I was using this setup for 5-10 yards rat shooting among the cows. The FOV on the Helix is not too bad as long as I use the 6X and shoot 30 yards and further.

So far I am happy with it as the picture is pretty good in daytime and quite detailed in night mood as well. Only thing is the image is dark with the build in IR. But by adding an external 850nm IR, the picture gets brighten up pretty good. Also the benefit with the 007S is that I can move from scope to scope with the extra mount adaptor.

I have the Pard008LRF and that is a much better unit as the FOV is a lot wider and useful to scan the surrounding for rats. However, it is a pain to move from gun to gun as you will need to re-zero each and every time. I just leave it on my HW100T and use that for my rats shooting.

Now my Impact MK2 is ready to shoot coyotes again with the Pard007S setup. I am currently setting up to ambush the coyotes at the farm where I shoot rats. I haven't been back to this location for over 6 months as I had drastically reduced the rat population with my regular visits. Now the rats have regenerated and I had shot over 40 in two visits. 

As of tonight, I have set up bait station with the rats I shot and trail cam to monitor the activities of the coyote(s). Hopefully I will capture some useful footages on when they are coming in to clean up the dead rats. This weekend will be my attempt to get a coyote. Wish me luck.

I recently got the 007S and it works incredibly well with the Element Titan scope. It does magnify your view more so it helps with a lower magnification scope like the Veyron 3-12 I have on my R5 .30

The IR light on it is strong and easily lights up the 150 yard area I have at home without going to level 3. Just need to get an extra adapter so I can easily swap it between rifles.

Good thread. My air rifle scopes are 6-24. Would they be unusable under 30 yards?

I can still shoot under 30 yards but like I said you get a higher magnification than you normally would. You just need to play with the focus adjustments on the Pard and make sure your eyepiece focus is good prior to putting on the collar because it's hard to do so after installation.

Good thread. My air rifle scopes are 6-24. Would they be unusable under 30 yards?

I can still shoot under 30 yards but like I said you get a higher magnification than you normally would. You just need to play with the focus adjustments on the Pard and make sure your eyepiece focus is good prior to putting on the collar because it's hard to do so after installation.

I have this Pard and it does not "work" the greatest on my Athlon Helos 6-24×50 because of all the fiddling around with the knobs to get the proper focus. I will definitely be putting it on the lower magnification scopes from now on. The one thing that may be beneficial would be to get a dedicated scope and one piece cantilever scope mount.