• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Considering a LCS SK-19 , What am i getting myself into ???

The LCS is an incredible varmint hunting gun, it was never intended or designed for bench rest type shooting. My experience with it over the past year has been fantastic as far as reliability and overall function. Accuracy has been very good after finding that the barrel has to be removed and cleaned very agressivley. I have videos of me shooting it out to 300 yards with consistent accuracy. Many of the problems I have heard are from those wanting to tinker, really not knowing what they're doing. LEAVE the regulator alone...65/70 fpe is more than enough power in .25 caliber. The gun is very easy to tune for various weight ammo and makes really good power considering its length. The nature of the hammerless system is they are loud so quieting the thing won't happen easily. It's an open range pure hunting machine. Really the only thing I would have liked to see improved is the flimsy lower pic rail that tends to bend when mounting a bipod towards the front. I'm currently working on a long term review that shows my experience over the past year that has been very extensive. 

Cheers

I found that in .22 form it fires off bit hot (very fast) and noisy with pellets lighter than 18 gr, for that matter mine can shoot the 18 gr jsb as hot as 1150 fps. Slowing it down does cut the noise down quite a bit. But trying to slow down a lite pellet got me in trouble once and the gun jammed. It is easier to slow down heavier pellets as you can keep pressure high enough to advanced the magazine, but still slow down pellets down as low as 580 fps. Just keep an eye on the pressures when you crank it down. Very accurate almost as good as my fx impact. I use mine mostly for pesting but a heavy setup with the atn scopes.

lcs.1607225251.jpg
With a little tweeking this thing is super accurate out to 100 yards. I dont even use my impact that much anymore. I can dial it up to 86 ft pounds in .25 cal. The semi auto allows super fast follow up shots. Honestly I dont use the full auto at all. Somehow with this hamerless design it gets a whole lot of shots per fill. 

I'd say not for beginers as I have had two very slow but annoying leaks. Although they are super easy to fix with a can of leak detector. Also make sure to replace the oring on the bottle valve with a 90 duro ring. For some reason the one that came with it seemed to have turned into a hard plastic that leaked. 

If you just want something with full auto get one of those cheap crossman bb guns, they are a blast.