• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Consider buying an old airgun

Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Look into Snow Peak ( SPA). If you want something original look into buying an older airgun that will hold its value. In Real Estate it's location, location, location. When you purchase a gun it's Condition, Condition, Condition.

This is my "C" series April 1972 Sheridan Blue Streak Racine ,Wisconsin. The scope is a Weaver Marksman 4x. All original non molested and still shoots.
1596503911_17461618365f28b767abf646.87511743.jpg

I did...lol. My 1973 Silver Streak won on a Gunbroker auction for $170. Still looks great and shoots just the way one should.
1596505216_14883553775f28bc80a7a758.98852426.jpg

Although not near that old, I also have a Huntington Beach Beeman R7 .20 built in 2006. Didn't want a new version and not regretting the money spent to get it as it's a sweet shooter.
1596505453_13038115915f28bd6d30b737.55685258.jpg

Quality doesn't just cost. 

It pays!

Early Santa Rosa and on back R7;s were so nice. Nicer finish. Nicer stocks. I've seen some really perty ones. Like my wife's I bought for her about 35 years ago. Somehow I don't think Robert Beeman would approve the current R7 stock. I do have a nice newer one but it's not a contest next to Susie's. A beautiful beech stock and I don't normally prefer beech at all. I saw a minty pre safety a few months ago on Gunbroker and the stock was amazing. Oh! I wish I had bought it. 

Her's is still 99.5% mint and I know is worth more than a new one. I think it was originally 180.00. I still have the box and all in clean condition. Not for sale. 

Got my R7 at Beemans store in San Rafael in 1981,deluxe stock cost $10 more Monte Carlo type that also covered cocking arm....back then they did not have a safety....of yea made in W.Germany.it also came with a target showing all shots in same hole .Another thing I got a Beeman P1 from Santa Rosa.....silver at that...also a English made Tomahawk..great springer...got a lot of old things around my place....um my RWS 52 was also made in W.Germany.plus my old lady,LOL.

BTW I Got a Webley Stingray Carbine Deluxe walnut recently. I had to make a delrin spring guide and polish/ adjust the trigger. Oh my! what a gorgeous rifle. Cocks and shoots really nice. I might be able to lighten the trigger just a tad more but I will not have a gun that can bump fire. Pretty nice for a single stage (fake 2 stage) trigger. Arrow stock finish really improved the look. Just put it right over the original finish which wasn't much. Arrow takes a little experience and patience to use. It's not Tru oil. You cant get a Birmingham Webley since 2006. A Turkish Stingray isn't even close. Entirely different gun. Chinese might be better. 

Also tripped over a mint .177 Beeman Vulcan MK2 for $120. Only test fired it some. Very impressed with it so far. I see why the great following here and UK. Very nice firing and handling rifle. I'm not sure how they compared to the R8's price wise. It's not as pretty as my R8. And it doesn't attain the quality of the R8s Rekord but the firing behavior is better with the Web. And more power. The kind gentleman gave me a very nice Mossberg 20 ga for free! Bless him.

Birmingham BSA Supersports are very good if you can find one. Usually cheaper than an HW 50 but more power, Similar size and acceptable trigger.. Typical nice British controlled firing behavior. No twang. You can hardly beat a BSA barrel. I have both .22 and .177