• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Connecting my 74 cu. ft. tank directly to my gun while shooting

This may not be the type of connection needed, but give Joe a call and I am sure He could come up with a solution.

http://experthpa.com/cart/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=145

1127.jpg

I bought mine from EBay for $300.00 looks exactly like that one too. Good stuff fully adjustable and so far no issues and seems reliable had it for a couple of years now. A friend saw how useful my set up was so he went ahead and bought one too but he paid $375 shipped for his and it's exactly like mine. You can set it at any point wuth the knob and have a tethered regulated gun for the ultimate in consistency and for testing for accuracy to know what reg pressure your gun likes best before installing your reg into your gun. YO!

Reactions: sonny
I recommend the Altaros external regulator. It is adjustable but its range is configured to work best at between 100-200 BAR. If you are wanting to tether a regulated gun, you don't need to fill it to its maximum pressure. You only need to fill it to something above the regulators setting. In fact if you just want to tether your regulated gun, you only need your fill adaptor with a bottle that has less pressure than your guns recommended max. I'm sure that if you think about it, it will make sense. If you have an unregulated gun, Then go for the Altaros unit, it is as good as the Huma and fewer dollars. I would steer away from anything JB unless you have really deep pockets. https://www.altaros.cz/en/altaros-filling-adapter/89-external-airgun-regulator.html

I would also highly recommend a fully adjustable regulated tethered set up for people who like to tune their PCPs for accuracy to utmost perfection especially their FX Impacts just open everything up wide open on their Impact and let the tether decide what's the optimum reg pressure as you turn the knob and go shoot your different pellets and slugs as any reg pressure you want. Kinda like cheating in a way... YO!

https://airtanksplus.com/product/regman2-external-pcp-airgun-regulator/
1587296236_1754292275e9c37ec57d034.84617965.jpeg

i use the Regman regulator from airtanksplus.com. Blackdiesel started a tread a couple of weeks ago, asking what was everyone’s favorite gear for their pcp hobby, and this has to be mine. I find my air in my tank lasts longer as I’m not wasting air from bleeding after a gun top off, I can find a non regulated guns sweet spot of air pressure just by simply dialing up or down till I see the accuracy happen, and it’s a great tool for chronograph work. The biggest reason, as mentioned, is the savings from air loss during the bleed. When I first got into pcp’s, and trying to shoot they a chronograph and tune my Marauder, I found myself having to go get my 88 cu foot tank filled twice a week. What a hassle. Although now I’m with a compressor, it’s still nice not to have to disrupt a shooting session cause I’ve wasted enough air from bleeding.

I favor the remote design like this Regman, as I own two tanks. One is a SCBA and another is a DIN style. With this remote set up, I can easily use them for either tank with no special adapters. I’ve seen these type of regulators that come with a DiN connection to mount to a DIN tank, or one for SCBA. I don’t want to be locked in to either, in case my type of tank style changes in the future.

https://airtanksplus.com/product/regman2-external-pcp-airgun-regulator/
1587296236_1754292275e9c37ec57d034.84617965.jpeg

i use the Regman regulator from airtanksplus.com. Blackdiesel started a tread a couple of weeks ago, asking what was everyone’s favorite gear for their pcp hobby, and this has to be mine. I find my air in my tank lasts longer as I’m not wasting air from bleeding after a gun top off, I can find a non regulated guns sweet spot of air pressure just by simply dialing up or down till I see the accuracy happen, and it’s a great tool for chronograph work. The biggest reason, as mentioned, is the savings from air loss during the bleed. When I first got into pcp’s, and trying to shoot they a chronograph and tune my Marauder, I found myself having to go get my 88 cu foot tank filled twice a week. What a hassle. Although now I’m with a compressor, it’s still nice not to have to disrupt a shooting session cause I’ve wasted enough air from bleeding.

I favor the remote design like this Regman, as I own two tanks. One is a SCBA and another is a DIN style. With this remote set up, I can easily use them for either tank with no special adapters. I’ve seen these type of regulators that come with a DiN connection to mount to a DIN tank, or one for SCBA. I don’t want to be locked in to either, in case my type of tank style changes in the future.

So, do you shoot out if the garage at your targets? Seem like a stealthy setup if you do, but us it safe?

So, do you shoot out if the garage at your targets? Seem like a stealthy setup if you do, but us it safe?

You mean like, for, ricochets?

No, I mean for someone just taking a stroll through your range as your shooting. It appears as if you are shooting from inside the garage to outside the garage.... but maybe that is not actually what you are doing????